Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

The point of these changes are to help a team rebuild quickly. Before, the rules were designed to attract new owners. I realized that doesn't make sense. I don't want to punish a original owner for drafting a poor team and give the guy taking it over a opportunity that the original owner didn't. I don't want a lucky new owner receiving a great team get another perk they don't need. In either situation, the owners both new and old should have the same opportunities.

1. No more supplemental picks for new owners. No more special perk to a new owners first pick.
2. Top 5 pick rule.
This rule is for players chosen in the top 5 picks during offseason drafts in either conference. If the player is considered to be a rookie, you can start their career during any season in their career. If the player is a veteran, recently cut or in the free agent pool the previous season, you can resume their career from any season you want after the previous season. They will progress normally from there until they retire. 
3. The offseason timeline has been more defined. 
4. Trades have been better defined.

I think the Top 5 pick rule is cool. Those picks will have a lot of trade value as well. It also eliminates the need to bribe new owners. If they receive a poor team, they will still be able to rebuild.
1/17/2013 12:16 AM (edited)
Wow, 21 now?

Welcome mike and welcome back logain.
1/17/2013 12:06 AM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 1/17/2013 12:16:00 AM (view original):
The point of these changes are to help a team rebuild quickly. Before, the rules were designed to attract new owners. I realized that doesn't make sense. I don't want to punish a original owner for drafting a poor team and give the guy taking it over a opportunity that the original owner didn't. I don't want a lucky new owner receiving a great team get another perk they don't need. In either situation, the owners both new and old should have the same opportunities.

1. No more supplemental picks for new owners. No more special perk to a new owners first pick.
2. Top 5 pick rule.
This rule is for players chosen in the top 5 picks during offseason drafts in either conference. If the player is considered to be a rookie, you can start their career during any season in their career. If the player is a veteran, recently cut or in the free agent pool the previous season, you can resume their career from any season you want after the previous season. They will progress normally from there until they retire. 

I think the Top 5 pick rule is cool. Those picks will have a lot of trade value as well. It also eliminates the need to bribe new owners. If they receive a poor team, they will still be able to rebuild.
Gin not really liking that rule I mean I can see its merits but think keeping as a normal progressive should be the way to go.  If the progressive league is good typically there's no problem finding new owners..
1/17/2013 6:19 AM
Posted by eleibowitz on 1/17/2013 6:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Ginandjuice on 1/17/2013 12:16:00 AM (view original):

2. Top 5 pick rule.

Gin not really liking that rule I mean I can see its merits but think keeping as a normal progressive should be the way to go.  If the progressive league is good typically there's no problem finding new owners..
It is a normal progressive in that players progress through their career one year at a time. The only difference is that, in these fictional worlds, players careers can be different, skipping seasons if the owner chooses. What I'm trying to promote is parity with the rule, giving the teams at the bottom a chance to change their fortunes.

The biggest downside I see more players retiring quickly, but with only 12 teams drafting in each pool I don't think it will be a problem.

I'm open to feedback, but I have been working out these details with evil in sms and we are in agreement that this is the most fair way to both new and old owners. I don't want people to drop out over the rule, so my ears are open. It's a lot like the original rule, just giving current owners the same benefits as new owners.

1/17/2013 8:38 AM (edited)
Still 3 spots!

If you're considering joining but are unsure, feel free to sitemail me with questions. We already have enough owners with people that want two,but would prefer to have 24 separate owners.

Still haven't received a response from the site, but like I've said I asked a lot out of them so we will have to wait and see.

Once I have that response, more information will be available.
1/17/2013 11:56 AM (edited)
Would be cool if the top 5 pick rule applied to 2nd round picks as well! Yes there are some reasons i can think of not to do this.. but i like it anyway!
1/17/2013 4:38 PM
5.    A player that misses a season (injuries, ect) can be placed on IR.
They will be eligible to return to your team when they play again.

Any thought to just allowing players to skip seasons that they miss in the database. 
1/17/2013 5:03 PM
sigh...count me in. I will probably want to argue about the rules as well
1/17/2013 6:01 PM
Posted by logain on 1/17/2013 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Would be cool if the top 5 pick rule applied to 2nd round picks as well! Yes there are some reasons i can think of not to do this.. but i like it anyway!
I've thought about making it Top 6, i.e teams that don't make the playoffs.
2nd round though is too much, I think.
1/17/2013 6:35 PM
Posted by logain on 1/17/2013 5:03:00 PM (view original):
5.    A player that misses a season (injuries, ect) can be placed on IR.
They will be eligible to return to your team when they play again.

Any thought to just allowing players to skip seasons that they miss in the database. 
Yes I did think about it.

The reason why I'm not is because I like the extra layer of planning a guy missing a season adds. There are some really good players that miss seasons, and if you draft right in the later rounds, you can swing a replacement to come in at the right time.

I like the suggestion though.
1/17/2013 6:39 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 1/17/2013 6:01:00 PM (view original):
sigh...count me in. I will probably want to argue about the rules as well
Awesome tarheel. Make it 22.

City?
1/17/2013 6:40 PM
Dont 8 teams miss the playoffs?
1/17/2013 6:54 PM
Posted by logain on 1/17/2013 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Dont 8 teams miss the playoffs?
half the teams miss the playoffs
1/17/2013 6:54 PM
Haha yeah brain freeze
1/17/2013 6:56 PM
off topic, but... Logain... read A Memory of Light yet? :D

1/17/2013 7:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.