I will hop in I guess.. summer is here and I am bored sitting in the house all day
5/14/2013 10:46 PM

Well I may be alone in this, but I've seen plenty of owners take Wilt 1st and not even make the PO's. How's this case really different? Like I said it's a long enough way from 1st  to 48th and the draft as we normally use it seems to level the playing field nicely. I think we're trying to fix something that's not broken. That said again, I'm onboard with what ever gets decided

5/15/2013 2:40 AM
It doesn't sound fair for someone to win 1st pick and have it destroyed by rules to make those who didn't get 1st pick feel better. I personally don't need the rules to help me win, 1st or last pick.
5/15/2013 2:46 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/14/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/13/2013 8:24:00 PM (view original):
yea only the teams with durant/lebron go last every round....if you have the first pick and take kobe you would still have the first pick in the 4th
Eh - I don't think you need to do that, it could make the draft more complicated. If you pick 1st or 2nd and don't want one of those guys, you can always trade entire drafts (or most of a draft) with someone else.
shouldnt be complicated if everyone just follows the draft schedule ill have set up...besides im not expecting that to happen anyway....youd have to be a fool to pass on lebron/durant even with picking last every round
5/16/2013 4:30 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/15/2013 2:40:00 AM (view original):

Well I may be alone in this, but I've seen plenty of owners take Wilt 1st and not even make the PO's. How's this case really different? Like I said it's a long enough way from 1st  to 48th and the draft as we normally use it seems to level the playing field nicely. I think we're trying to fix something that's not broken. That said again, I'm onboard with what ever gets decided

its being done because those two are far superior to every other player in the draft....remember...its just the 12-13 season so you cant really compare it to other drafts
5/16/2013 4:32 PM
have patience guys...the dh52 draft league is wrapping up and ill be setting this one up soon
5/16/2013 4:33 PM
I have no problem with the ABBBBBBBBBBB.  I do have a problem with Lebron/Durant teams having to skip the second round.  I took a projection of what the third pick (supposing either Kobe or Curry) vs. Lebron or Durant, I found that this would be a very, very close matchup.
5/16/2013 10:47 PM
I don't believe I am breaking any protocol here but I want it known that I'm out of commission til Monday afternoon, and if the draft happens to start by then, and on the offchance I have the first pick, I want LeBron.  That's my pecking order.  

If I have the third pick?  Feel free to skip me, I know the rules.
5/17/2013 12:10 AM
Posted by uofa on 5/17/2013 12:10:00 AM (view original):
I don't believe I am breaking any protocol here but I want it known that I'm out of commission til Monday afternoon, and if the draft happens to start by then, and on the offchance I have the first pick, I want LeBron.  That's my pecking order.  

If I have the third pick?  Feel free to skip me, I know the rules.
draft wont start by then....youre good
5/17/2013 12:16 AM
Posted by malone9975 on 5/16/2013 10:47:00 PM (view original):
I have no problem with the ABBBBBBBBBBB.  I do have a problem with Lebron/Durant teams having to skip the second round.  I took a projection of what the third pick (supposing either Kobe or Curry) vs. Lebron or Durant, I found that this would be a very, very close matchup.
i decided they wont skip their second round pick....going last every round should hopefully balance it out enough
5/17/2013 12:18 AM
I wonder when they are going update the players for the all defense team??
5/18/2013 6:46 AM
If you're still looking for one more I'm in. Only ever did one draft league, for the ABA, but really enjoyed it.
5/19/2013 4:58 PM
Posted by klinke on 5/19/2013 4:58:00 PM (view original):
If you're still looking for one more I'm in. Only ever did one draft league, for the ABA, but really enjoyed it.
you got it
5/20/2013 12:30 AM
Great we're a league! Thx dh555. I'm all drafted out right now dh, bet you are too. SM me when the draft is ready to go, I have 5 draft teams just starting to play and I'm in no rush at all. I'm hoping I can get the DDL launched by mid week.
5/20/2013 12:46 AM
Malone, good to see you back. I'd like to invite you to a couple of leagues that the draft junkies basically designed. In short, it's a single instance draft, that uses only a decade for the player pool (70's 80's etc). I can't get a hard number, but think it's safe to say we use +70% of the player pool in the draft. There's no salery cap because the limited player pool caps the salery. It resulted in the most competitive draft I've ever been involved with. The teams are very well balanced with salery ranges from ~$3-9M @ $6-7M per player average, teams run +26,000 min @ ~$60M. Lots of lineup and rotation options. Check out the DDL threads in both the "theme league classifieds" & "theme leagues" forums. The SDL is enrolling now for drafting in mid June. The teams actually look like they could have exsisted in the 80's in the draft for DDL #1.
5/20/2013 1:01 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.