The results of the vote are in, 9 to 2 to leave as is. In two year's time, 33% of your roster will be different. Maybe more, depending on cuts. I know I said I'd have it open for 48 hours, but since it's already overwhelming to leave as is, I think that's where we stand. The teams that have Jordan, Yao and Durant or Wilt and Ben Wallace stand a much better chance of losing some of those pieces to random free agency. In the baseball league, which has twice the roster size but twice the free agents, Addie Joss, one of the greatest pitchers of all time, and THE greatest sim pitcher of all time, has changed hands 10 times. In 21 seasons. It's random. Some times your team will suck, other times it will be a world beater. We have had 13 different guys at least win World Series. One guy had an amazing run for a couple seasons, but has fallen off as late, but compared to the other progs I've been in, that's outstanding. I was in a double season progressive where the 8 playoff teams were the same 8 teams 8/10 years and 7 of them made it in the two others. Outside of that, two other teams were all that made the playoffs. Me, once, and some other guy who snuck in winning a play in game. In the MLB URAPP, I believe every owner who's played an appreciable amount of time has made the post season. Building a sustained dynasty is deliberately supposed to be hard. If you somehow end up with the dream team of Wilt, Lebron and Jordan, chances are it won't last but one season. The rosters will balance out.
8/2/2013 4:48 PM
So if we stick with original rosters..

Could we at least look at ranking the teams to set the initial draft order.

I outlined it before but if we had a neutral 3rd party that really knows basketball rank the teams..

We could do a draft

1st Round
1-6 worst team random order
7-12 worst random order
13-18 worst random order
-----------------------------
All other rounds
1-18 same order as round 1
19-24 random order

Again I nominate ashamael or natenoy to do this ranking for us.. or tarheel or vancem.. as long as they don't join..

8/2/2013 5:27 PM
Damit you had to pull the man up card matserdebate! Ugh Ill try it as is, you better be right or I'm sicking Malone on you.  With Malone's permission of course
8/2/2013 5:31 PM
I"m good with that. You have one of the better teams and know the sim, if there is no objection, I would have no problem with you doing it. By the way, it's great that you guys are willing to work with us nba noobs on making this fly. I appreciate it. :)

8/2/2013 5:32 PM
eleibowitz, thanks for sticking.
8/2/2013 5:33 PM
It's great to have new blood in the NBA world.
8/2/2013 5:34 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/2/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I"m good with that. You have one of the better teams and know the sim, if there is no objection, I would have no problem with you doing it. By the way, it's great that you guys are willing to work with us nba noobs on making this fly. I appreciate it. :)

Eh.. lots of other people know better than me. But yes, I would have my team in the top tier.
8/2/2013 5:35 PM
Posted by slymonium on 8/2/2013 5:34:00 PM (view original):
It's great to have new blood in the NBA world.
x10
8/2/2013 5:36 PM
Nobody has even commented on my post about a possible crazy team like Wilt, MJ and Lebron.  Does that mean everyone is ok with chancing it doesn't really happen?  If so, I don't see how the same people can be complaining about perceived unequal team rosters now.
8/2/2013 5:47 PM
Say you have a team with WIlt and MJ

You have a 68% chance of having them together 2 years
A 46% chance of having them together 3 years
A 32% chance of having them together 4 years

Now consider.. Mj has at least 3 bad seasons. I think Wilt has 1. So the chances of you having a 4 year run of dominance with those 2 guys at their peak is below that 32%
8/2/2013 5:53 PM
Not to mention there is a lottery for the draft.. and if you have Wilt.. good luck being bad or lucky enough to get MJ
8/2/2013 5:57 PM
Here is my point, and by the way I am sticking, at the beginning I am being told that I get to donate my 9.99 to this league without the chance of winning.  I also stand a good chance of losing my best player as well.  So the chances are that I could get Wilt next season and lose Duncan, or keep him either one.  I still lack any realistic chance of being competitive for two seasons.

Now..with the team I have I am going to get crushed on assists.  Without assists I can't mitigate the horrid shooting I have.  Early on having parity would be ideal, THEN we get to have superior teams over time.  Everyone should get a pretty equal shake in order to make the rest of the season about management, but right now I have at team that has 6 players I have NEVER drafted to be on my team unless I needed a low minute scrub season.

It is funny to see logain and all3 championing keeping everything like it is because they have kick *** teams, while me sly and leibo get to look 65 loss seasons straight in the face.  This is a great idea all I am saying is that this should be balanced out better.  As it is there is no way in hell logain and all3 should pick until the 3rd round when compared to the cornacopia of crap we were dealt.

This is like giving someone Gehrig, Ruth, Bonds, Joss, and Polonia vs. some of us getting a Jeffery Loria abortion of a team
8/2/2013 6:25 PM
I have actually been pretty balanced in my approach.. and am trying to help you out malone. I don't think I have been a champion of the status quo. If you read the thread I have put forth at least 3 proposals to try to balance squads as  I realize my team is better to start.
8/2/2013 6:34 PM
We could tinker with the draft more..

Round 1
1-12 Random

Round 2
1-18 random (totally new randomization)

Round 3 and on.. 
1-18 same as round 2 + 19-24 random for last 6 spots
8/2/2013 6:58 PM
or have the draft basically run reverse: if you cut seven players, plus two open spots, you pick rounds 4-12. If you cut no one and only take the two spots, you pick rounds 11 and 12?
8/2/2013 7:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.