Keep calling people names and making derogatory comments malone - that's very helpful.  Facts are: 1) everyone had an equal chance to get any of the teams, and 2) nobody at all complained until after the first teams were assigned.  If there are 6 rounds of Draft each season, whole teams can be remade in 2 seasons.  I'm still much more concerned with having as much equity as possible each and every year than with having it just the first year - regardless of what team you want to give me. 
8/3/2013 11:52 AM

We have 7 teams left: 8, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21 and 24. I will get the last team listed, so we have six more spots to fill. Those numbers randomly correspond to one of the following rosters, listed only by first player here for ease:

Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Alvin Robinson
Walt Frazier
Bob Cousy (the Bob team)
Maurice Cheeks
Chris Paul.

You pick a number and get one of those teams. I hope you will join.

8/3/2013 4:09 PM (edited)
Training a new employee today. Will be AFK until 4 central.
8/3/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/3/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Keep calling people names and making derogatory comments malone - that's very helpful.  Facts are: 1) everyone had an equal chance to get any of the teams, and 2) nobody at all complained until after the first teams were assigned.  If there are 6 rounds of Draft each season, whole teams can be remade in 2 seasons.  I'm still much more concerned with having as much equity as possible each and every year than with having it just the first year - regardless of what team you want to give me. 
I asked if you were dumb, but I did not call you dumb.  If you got offended it is likely because you understand what you are.  I have to find a way to get it through to you that it isn't that you got Wilt and I did not.  You know how many leagues I have played in, but the difference AGAIN is that this would be like you getting 3 first round picks in ODL to my one and then I don't get another pick until round five.

Equity in the future will be handled in the randomness of the league.  If you notice I agreed to the drafting plan with my current team as it is.  I have to eliminate six players just to get in a position to be half way competitive.  I am just tired of hear you say "I may get the 500 min. Wilt and then lose him next season."  The odds of both of those events happening are roughly 3.5%.  Hell the chances of having to play with the 500 minute Wilt is 7.1% which means you have a 92.9% of having one of the 13 most unstoppable seasons in the sim at the center position.

Again I don't care about randomness, but equity early on would be best.  I can guarantee that half of the players put on these teams are NEVER used in the sim unless we play a crazy theme where we play low efg leagues, low D, or some other strange variant.  
8/3/2013 2:34 PM
I understand.   We'll take # 15.
8/3/2013 3:36 PM
Do they allow the creation of a private forum for NBA Progressives?
8/3/2013 3:59 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/3/2013 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Do they allow the creation of a private forum for NBA Progressives?
Surprisingly, yes.
8/3/2013 4:06 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/3/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/3/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
I asked if you were dumb, but I did not call you dumb.  If you got offended it is likely because you understand what you are.  I have to find a way to get it through to you that it isn't that you got Wilt and I did not.  You know how many leagues I have played in, but the difference AGAIN is that this would be like you getting 3 first round picks in ODL to my one and then I don't get another pick until round five.

Equity in the future will be handled in the randomness of the league.  If you notice I agreed to the drafting plan with my current team as it is.  I have to eliminate six players just to get in a position to be half way competitive.  I am just tired of hear you say "I may get the 500 min. Wilt and then lose him next season."  The odds of both of those events happening are roughly 3.5%.  Hell the chances of having to play with the 500 minute Wilt is 7.1% which means you have a 92.9% of having one of the 13 most unstoppable seasons in the sim at the center position.

Again I don't care about randomness, but equity early on would be best.  I can guarantee that half of the players put on these teams are NEVER used in the sim unless we play a crazy theme where we play low efg leagues, low D, or some other strange variant.  
Your point is well-taken, Malone.  I think what all All3 is saying is that there was equity in opportunity at the point the league was joined. Everyone at the same opportunity at the better rosters. The first application of randomness, which in large part is what the league is about, has now brought us to a point of inequity. Some creative ideas (which I support) have been put forth to ameliorate the effects of this first application of randomness and make it a bit more palatable.  Down the road, with a further application of randomness there will be no such effort to ameliorate the random effect-  and there should not be as randomness is what fuels the capacity for quick a turn-around of a team's fortunes.  
8/3/2013 4:35 PM

Thank you thomcat.  Hopefully understanding this dummy doesn't get you branded a dummy too.

8/3/2013 4:42 PM
I really like the idea but loathe being assigned players.  I wish you luck with this league.
8/3/2013 5:00 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/3/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):

Thank you thomcat.  Hopefully understanding this dummy doesn't get you branded a dummy too.

No problem. Every post that has been generated to flush out this very creative concept has merit. Don't think there is any angle that has not been touched on by the critical thinking of this group. Great to follow along.
8/3/2013 5:05 PM
2nd that, thomcat. I appreciate everyone's opinions on what to do to make this league work. I think we have a great group of owners lined up, some that I know from experience and some from reading your posts, that are very committed to the success of not only their team, but to the league as a whole. I think this will be a blast. Again, thank you everyone who's contributed to the conversation!
8/3/2013 5:55 PM
The edits are posted that we agreed upon or that just needed to be changed. In addition to them being in the rules, the major changes are listed at the bottom of the original thread as well. Will someone check my math on the lottery, I get 100 but a double check can't hurt.

8/3/2013 6:54 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/3/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):

Thomcat is fine. You are the moron all3. I have already said I am good with the changes I am just pointing out your hypocrisy of saying the league was perfectly fine like it was as you sit there with a veritable murderers row while many of us have team that you will likely beat by 75 with the teams being as they are now. I guess it has been a while since you had a championship if you are happy to get this one so cheap.
8/3/2013 7:18 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 8/3/2013 4:09:00 PM (view original):

We have 7 teams left: 8, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21 and 24. I will get the last team listed, so we have six more spots to fill. Those numbers randomly correspond to one of the following rosters, listed only by first player here for ease:

Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Alvin Robinson
Walt Frazier
Bob Cousy (the Bob team)
Maurice Cheeks
Chris Paul.

You pick a number and get one of those teams. I hope you will join.

You should post these numbers on the front page so people know whats left.

8/3/2013 7:42 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.