This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I do think we have a viable solution now. We will have to see how the cuts go.. if one of the power teams cuts 6 guys then we may have to address the cut limit again..

I guess we can look at the fact that our commissioner knows nothing about the sim as more randomness lol
8/3/2013 7:54 PM
Ok once everything Is agreed to can you let me know what the rules are. ...
8/3/2013 8:15 PM
Posted by logain on 8/3/2013 7:54:00 PM (view original):
I do think we have a viable solution now. We will have to see how the cuts go.. if one of the power teams cuts 6 guys then we may have to address the cut limit again..

I guess we can look at the fact that our commissioner knows nothing about the sim as more randomness lol
True. We need a ranking of teams so we can impose limits on the # of cuts available to the better teams. Your grading scale based on the DH52 drafts would seem to serve that purpose.

Your point is well taken, Malone.
8/3/2013 8:36 PM
The reason I liked this idea was that it didn't require rankings which would probably be flawed and people would argue over them..

We could just do away with the cut limit. That was my idea and I looking at the teams I think it is probably flawed. The original idea put forth by the commish didn't have that. I just added it to try to keep the draft to some reasonable length.. 
8/3/2013 8:50 PM
eleibowitz: the rules, as they currently stand, are posted on the front page, in the initial post, including draft order. I think we allow maximum cuts any season. Keep in mind, future drafts are not weighted by anything but finish. If you choose to cut more players after season 1 than the two, your picks will be round 3, round 4 etc, whilst others may be done after round 2. It's only this first draft that is going "backwards".

thomcat: the better teams probably shouldn't cut as many players. That balances it out. The teams that cut more players will be picking just between a few owners for the first few rounds I think. Eleibowitz for sure would be in the early rounds, maybe malone, depending on how many he cuts, either six or seven would be my guess based on his assessment of his team. If I get the "Bob" team, I would cut probably 4.

logain: re: commish: touche.
8/3/2013 9:12 PM
Consider me IN and I would like the team with Chris Paul.
8/3/2013 9:32 PM
Posted by carbonjones on 8/3/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Consider me IN and I would like the team with Chris Paul.
You get a team at random. Pick one if the remaining numbers a few posts back
8/3/2013 9:33 PM

We have 7 teams left: 8, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21 and 24. I will get the last team listed, so we have six more spots to fill. Those numbers randomly correspond to one of the following rosters, listed only by first player here for ease:

Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Alvin Robinson
Walt Frazier
Bob Cousy (the Bob team)
Maurice Cheeks
Chris Paul.

You pick a number and get one of those teams. I hope you will join.

I also just received a sitemail from another player interested. Please pick one of the above numbers that corresponds to one of the remaining rosters.

8/3/2013 9:46 PM
Posted by malone9975 on 8/3/2013 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/3/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):

Thank you thomcat.  Hopefully understanding this dummy doesn't get you branded a dummy too.

Thomcat is fine. You are the moron all3. I have already said I am good with the changes I am just pointing out your hypocrisy of saying the league was perfectly fine like it was as you sit there with a veritable murderers row while many of us have team that you will likely beat by 75 with the teams being as they are now. I guess it has been a while since you had a championship if you are happy to get this one so cheap.
Hey you freakin' ahole.  I'm tired of trying to be rational with you.  You constantly try to bully your way with people on this site, but you should know by now you can't do that to me.  There is no hypocrisy at all.  Yes, I misunderstood the original post and thought I was getting Wilt when I signed-up, but did I withdraw when I was told that wasn't how things worked?  NO!  I randomly was given him and the rest of the team.  H*ll, I've even offered to take another team - what more do you want?  If you chose to keep whining and b!tchin', I don't care - just leave me out of it.  
As for championships, I'll compare records anytime. 
8/4/2013 12:16 AM
I will jump in on this, sound fun. Give me #8
8/4/2013 12:31 AM
@shooter83211: and your venue would be?
8/4/2013 12:53 AM
The hook for this league for me is not knowing which year will be used with each season.
 It will help balance out the teams and which players I'll want to keep. 
Below I've tried to evaluate my team and explain my reasoning of who is kept and cut.
It's a decent team and would definitely compete in the league with current rosters

I'll call it Team Dwight for obvious reasons
TEAM DWIGHT
KEEPERS (6)                            Yrs.          efg%50>          Asst%23>          Min.2K>          Use%22.5>            DEF50>
SG - Tracy McGrady                   13                 1                         1                       8                            7                           14
PG - Deron Williams                  8                  4                          7                      8                            8                             3
SF - Adrian Dantley                    14               12                       NA                   10                          11                            0
PF - Hot Rod Williams              13                 2                        NA                    9                            0                            10
PF - Anthony Mason                  11                 7                        NA                    10                          0                            11
 C - Dwight Howard                     9                 9                        NA                    9                            6                              9
With these 6 minutes aren't a problem.  Dwight Howard is the superstar.  A  top 10 WIS player.  Deron is a great compliment
for Dwight at PG top 10 - 20 WIS @ PG.  Dantley can shoot and get  to the FT line.   Another hi use% player who can score.
Not much Def from A..D. but Howard helps him at that end of the court.  Hot Rod Williams fits this team lo use%, good shooter
& Reb., great Defender &  can play some SF as well.  Anthony Mason has a couple of outstanding yrs. which makes him
one of the top  288 players in the WIS. Good ast% for a PF, lo use% fits the team chemistry. Solid Def & Reb. and hi efg%. 
Tracy McGrady
is this teams biggest gamble.  For 2 or 3 years he's golden other than that he's a decent role player to
end of the bench material. Always great Def. and a decent passer for a SG.  A solid 6 players to build for this season.

CUTS (4)                              Yrs.          efg%50>          asst%23>          min.2K>          use%22.5>          DEF50>                                      
PG - Isaiah Thomas           13                 0                         12                     11                        13                        10
SG - Jo Jo White                  12                 0                          0                      10                         3                           4
PF - Dirk Nowtizki                15                 8                          na                    13                        13                          7
 C - Joe Barry Carroll           9                  2                          na                     7                           6                           5

Isaiah Thomas isn't a top 288 WIS player.  Is a great distributor and decent Def.  His hi use% & lo efg%
kill any chances of winning with him in any elite league.  A  good peer progressive player.  Some like him
I don't and he's an easy cut on TEAM DWIGHT.  Jo Jo White is another very  good peer progressive player.
He's not even close to making the top 288.  A steady average player and there are many many many better
choices for this team in the database.  Dirk Nowitzki is a top 288 player.  Does many things very  well and
many owners have used him in elite progs with great success.  His hi use% just doesn't fit this team and I'll
go looking for a better rebounder & Defender here with lower usage% or a very good 3 pt. shooter.  Which this
team is in serious need.  Joe Barry Carroll another good peer progressive Center but hardly top 288 material.
Not really a great scorer or Defender and another hi use% player TEAM DWIGHT doesn't need.

This is a quick overview of this team.  Together these ten players bring too much use% to the table.  Team has
two elements essential to a good WIS team.  Great PG & C.  Team will play  very good Def.  Score efficiently and
Deron's dimes make it even better.  With Dwight, Hot Rod & Mason the Rebounding is solid.  Will look for more
high Dreb% & Oreb% w/ lo use% to round out the team.  Another back up PG to mirror Williams is essential.
Of the 4 players I cut only Dirk was a difficult decision.  Though some would keep Thomas and GL with that.

I posted this and I hope others post something similiar so as to better understand the strengths & weakness of the teams.
If we're going to have an initial draft there has to be some good criteria of who gets first draft slots and why.
IMO this is a possible solid playoff team but not championship caliber with the current 6 on the roster.
Sorry this is so long I'm generally not this wordy.                       

8/4/2013 1:03 AM (edited)
I was looking at the dh 52 mill draft that just finished. What am I not seeing about some of these players, i.e. Tom Boerwinkle or Rodrigue Beaubois or Jamaal Tinsley (and I went to Iowa State while he was there)? Some of the names were on my next 48, Camby, Chandler, Evans Ibaka, Korver, AK 47, etc.
8/4/2013 5:34 AM (edited)

We have 6 teams left: 10, 11, 16, 18, 21 and 24. I will get the last team listed, so we have five more spots to fill. Those numbers randomly correspond to one of the following rosters, listed only by first player here for ease:

Gary Payton
Rod Strickland
Alvin Robinson
Walt Frazier
Maurice Cheeks
Chris Paul.

You pick a number and get one of those teams. I hope you will join.
8/4/2013 5:13 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.