Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

Kershaw @ $207 or 3 Verlanders (3 x $72= $216).  That's what makes a horse race!

DD
11/21/2012 10:03 AM
I should not be allowed to have Ian Stewart for $2. He was the last person I bid on. This will leave me with $1 left.

I would also like to mention that Scott Rolen is available for free. I paid $9 for him, but did not expect to win another 3B so easily. At the end of the draft, someone is not going to have enough at bats at third. Feel free to claim Rolen as your own. First come, first served.

JRNY
11/21/2012 11:43 AM
I think I would have to veto a give away a guy for free deal.  If someone is short at bats, I don't think you should just bail them out.

Cause I don't need them most likely, but I'll take them so someone else can't have them for free.
11/21/2012 12:32 PM
No need to cut anyone until at least February contract time. Until then you can have however many people you want. In February everyone will be limited to 40 man rosters at most.
11/21/2012 2:17 PM
journey -- this question came up way back in October.

Here's the answer from back then.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

If a player has 100 left and needs 12 spots to get to 25 players, they can only bid 89 on one player.

Let's say this owner needs 10 players more, has 100 and wins the following bids one night.

He obviously went over. In this case I will award him the highest bids I can and still stay within the cap.

In this case he would win the 60, 24, 8,  2 and 1 players and would have 5 left for his remaining five players

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Some owners have put in their e-mails that if they get both a and B, then give them B. I've tried to honor those requests.
11/21/2012 2:47 PM (edited)
'Noser. We are in agreement. But, DD's calculations are correct. I believe I have spent $1001 because I was credited with Stewart. He should not belong to me. By taking him back, I will be $1 under the cap. Then, I will wait until the round of tied players/no bids to spend my $1.

Thanks,
JRNY
11/21/2012 10:16 PM
Posted by jonas1102 on 11/21/2012 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I think I would have to veto a give away a guy for free deal.  If someone is short at bats, I don't think you should just bail them out.

Cause I don't need them most likely, but I'll take them so someone else can't have them for free.
I not giving him away for free. Someone has to pay his $9 salary. I would prefer it not be me, that's all.
If you take him on, I get to be $10 under the cap instead of $1 under the cap. That would benefit me in a big way.

Thanks for considering,
JRNY
11/21/2012 10:18 PM
Posted by jrnyfan01 on 11/21/2012 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jonas1102 on 11/21/2012 12:33:00 PM (view original):

I not giving him away for free. Someone has to pay his $9 salary. I would prefer it not be me, that's all.
If you take him on, I get to be $10 under the cap instead of $1 under the cap. That would benefit me in a big way.

Thanks for considering,
JRNY
How would that benefit you in a *big way*?? - we have to wait until the whole auction is over(including ties bids and no bids) before we can start trading. So you wont be getting rid of Rolen's $9 until we no longer need any money.
11/21/2012 11:14 PM
Got it -- I'll knock off Stewart.
11/21/2012 11:40 PM
How would that benefit you in a *big way*?? - we have to wait until the whole auction is over(including ties bids and no bids) before we can start trading. So you wont be getting rid of Rolen's $9 until we no longer need any money.

I would benefit in a big way because I expect the person I am giving Rolen to will spend $9 on my behalf during the ties/no bids round and send those players to me. Please use sitemail everyone ;-)

JRNY
11/22/2012 2:01 AM
When our contracts run out are they over or could we possibly re-sign them for another 5 years??
11/30/2012 4:04 PM
Each October you will have a roster of players. Most will have their contracts run out, whether one year or five year.  Some will still be in the midst of multi year contracts.

Those still in the midst of a contract you are committed to until their contracts run out no question.

The majority who have their contracts run out in October you will have to make a decision on.  You can resign them to further contracts, one year or multi year, or you can grant them free agency into the auction.  This is going to be a difficult time for each team determining whether your 41 outfielder who hit 270 with 21 HR's is worth 56 next year or grant him free agency. Or sign him for five years at 49-57-65-73-81.  This should be the most interesting part of the league.

So, short answer to your question, is you can keep signing a guy throughout his entire career for as long as you see it as cost effective to do it.
11/30/2012 6:19 PM
David Wright got 8 years $140 million< Doubt he'll see that kinda coin from this cheap bast*rd!
11/30/2012 6:46 PM
When can we extend muti year contracts to our players and will there be a thread to track this?
12/7/2012 6:02 PM
In February after we play our season, or next October before we have next year's auction
12/7/2012 8:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.