Posted by tradrrr on 10/14/2013 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Chicago selects:

OF - Bake McBride
Sorry, just saw he was already drafted. I'll go with

OF - Larry Murray
10/14/2013 10:17 PM
P Wayne Simpson
10/14/2013 11:01 PM
I don't see anything that calls the list on the first page of this forum an official list.  If someone was on the list that didn't belong there, it wouldn't mean you could draft him, so just because someone that does belong on the list isn't there, it shouldn't mean you can't draft him.
10/14/2013 11:27 PM
Posted by nukelaloosh on 10/14/2013 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I don't see anything that calls the list on the first page of this forum an official list.  If someone was on the list that didn't belong there, it wouldn't mean you could draft him, so just because someone that does belong on the list isn't there, it shouldn't mean you can't draft him.
Look if he gets his Player, then Great. Hockeyhead told me anyone left off the List is undrafteable. I'm not being an assh*le here. Hockeyhead will rule on it. The longer he waits to redraft a player, the list get's thinner. It really doesn't matter how you inturpit the rules on the 1st page. Hockeyhead will Rule on the matter. I'm just posting what I was told. Good Luck to all you guy's that think I'm the Ahole here.  
10/14/2013 11:37 PM
Thank you for your analysis.
10/14/2013 11:40 PM
Odds are that hockeyhead will rule Knight to be ineligible.  Not because it is right, because everyone should be responsible for their own research, but largely because he will not want to read the sure to follow sitemail from you saying, 'BUT YOU SAID, BUT YOU SAID!!'.

This way, he says repick, we get treated to one more over compensation sized post from you about how you tried to tell us and we can all put it behind us.
10/14/2013 11:48 PM
BOBBY VALENTINE
10/15/2013 12:39 AM
Sorry, no Ray Knight in this year's available player list so not eligible to draft. Sorry for any inconvenience by me not having him listed but this is fair for everyone.
10/15/2013 12:49 AM
ED KIRKPATRICK
10/15/2013 1:13 AM
Posted by hockeyhead on 9/15/2013 1:56:00 AM (view original):
hockeyhead, mw100, tradrrr, verbal kint, alanb017, yatagon, dannino, ljemd, sakabakbrg, papabilly, willclarkfan, jeffc7823, homiealiens, busterglen,  cleonjones, schwingkid, mikemundt, derek2hof, oldschool62, kallison1,n4ser, wgasa, goldman23

Available Parks:  Wrigley  Memorial, Astrodome
=============================================================================

Owners                       Park

1. hockeyhead            Olympic
2. mw100                    Yankee
3. tradrrr                      Comiskey
4. verbal kint                 Oakland
5. alanb017                 Busch
6. yatagon                   Royals
7. dannino                   Shea       
8. ljemd                        Exhibition
9. sakabakbrg            Fenway
10. papabilly               Riverfront
11. willclarkfan            Candlestick
12. jeffc7823               Fulton County
13. nukelaloosh          Veterans
14. busterglen                 Cleveland              
16. cleonjones                 Jack Murphy
17. schwingkid                County
18. mikemundt                Metropolitan
19. derek2hof                  Three Rivers
20. oldschool62               Kingdome
21. kallison1                   Dodger
22. goldman23               Tiger
23. wgasa                      Arlington
24. n4ser                        Anaheim
=====================================================================================

Rules:

This is a progressive league that begins with season 1977

Draft times will be 10AM ET to 10PM ET everyday. Only players that are WIS eligible for a certain draft are available. If you're unavailable for your draft time send proxys to other available owners, particularly owners drafting after you. If teams miss their draft times, picks can be made up anytime. If selections aren't made by the following draft day the commish has the right to make up these picks.

Drafts will be based on reverse order of standings after 120 games. 1-24, 1-24. Teams must have a minimum 30 wins at this point or will lose one draft position for every win below this plateau. A weighted random lottery for the bottom 6 teams.

Cap is $255M. No to AAA, WW and DH. Yes to trades including draft choices. Draft choices can only be traded one year ahead. After the trade deadline, draft picks can be traded in the upcoming draft and the following season draft.

If RL team changes park you must change park. Use RL team city name. Use any nickname.

Teams will post unlimited protected lists near the end of the season including IR, no limit.

Real life AAA players to be drafted.

There is an Add/Drop thread for those who need to make any changes to their rosters. This takes place after the draft is complete 10AMET on a first come first served basis. Dropped players can be picked up by other teams. Please don't use the Add/Drop thread thread until the draft is completed

Unused draft picks (slots) can be traded within reason. Example: Team One trades their unused 2nd draft pick this season to Team B for their 2nd round pick next season.

I'll post an available player list. All owners must check this list before every draft to see if any players on their keeper list are shown as available.
Another owner could take one of these players and no compensation will be given to the original owner. This is not ideal but has to be posted one way or the other.

In season trades involving only draft choices should go through the trade center as well.
============================================================================================
"Only players that are WIS eligible for a certain draft are available." Ray knight is eligible in the 1977 draft. I have been going off my lists that I printed from the draft center for 1977. If I were to go off of your list that was printed on the first page than I would be drafting players that were already taken, since that page is updated every few days. I would have 0 reason to believe in round 23 of a draft that this guy wasn't listed on the first page. I have been on here on time for 21 out of 23 days and really kept up on the draft and have done research based on who is available in the sim like the rules state. I am not a boat rocker but this makes no sense on why the pick would not be allowed. I have kept up with the draft thread and if there was a precedence on someone not being on the "list", it wasn't posted in the forum like this other guy seems to say exists.
10/15/2013 1:18 AM
And how would this judgement be fair for everyone? Everyone has access to the draft center to find eligible players for 1977.
10/15/2013 1:19 AM
Ray not is not available.
10/15/2013 1:31 AM
There were 14 picks made after my pick that didn't have a problem with the pick. Sounds like 1 person has a problem with it and you are automatically going to rule on his behalf? If you can give one place in your rules that would show that this pick is not valid I will let it go, you can't just change the rules 3 weeks into the draft... So is this to say in future drafts if you don't want a guy in that draft class then you could just "accidentally" leave them off so that they can't be drafted? To be honest, I didn't even have knight on my radar either because he sucks the first 2 years of the sim. But I recognized his name so I looked him up....

It was also stated that there is someone else left off the list??? Who is this and why wasn't the rest of the league notified of this. Is this something that is supposed to be hid from us? If it was brought up earlier than we would have a non issue
10/15/2013 1:40 AM
No one else was left off the list. There was a mix up with Jackson Todd and Todd Jackson. This available player list was a from a couple of years ago and I copied and pasted. I used this list in another draft and had this same problem with Ray Knight but I guess I didn't update the original list.

No, I don't "accidently" leave players off the list so I can take them the next season.  No I didn't hide the Jackson Todd issue. kallison mentioned I missed a player named Todd Jackson from the list. I said if he was not on the list, he is not available this season.No I don't side with a certain owner. but he may have wanted Knight.

I can tell when no matter what I say will not please you but Knight is not available.
10/15/2013 1:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...42|43|44|45|46...55 Next ▸
1977 PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE DRAFT THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.