Posted by grayfoxx on 7/10/2014 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Trade:
grayfoxx gets 4th pick - Rest of the World
chargingryno gets 4th pick - Cal pre1990
confirmed
7/10/2014 6:53 PM
C Mickey Cochrane 1925 form NE
7/10/2014 7:01 PM
Ok, thanks chargingryno and grayfoxx, ignore my sitemail asking which round the trade is for. 
7/10/2014 7:23 PM
We are missing only the Pennsylvania and Illinois picks for round 3.   Thanks grayfoxx for keeping track of the rosters so far. I was going to get to that when I had a chance.   Pretty cool draft so far isn't it? 

Round 3: 

dnmchill California pre-1990  Joe Dimaggio OF 1936      
stroh23 New England  Mickey Cochrane C 1925      
benfc Appalachia  Wilbur Cooper P 1912      
italyprof Midwest (from sooners07)   Mordecai Brown P 1903      
mini157 Atlantic Coast  Lefty Grove P 1925      
bagchucker Illinois    Lou Boudreau SS 1939      
chargingryno Texarkana  Tris Speaker OF 1907      
shawbigred Dixie    Willie Mays OF 1951      
cleonjones New York    Alex Rodriguez SS 1994      
grayfoxx Calfornia 1990 on  Mark McGwire 1B 1986      
cardsfan Rest of the World  Miguel Cabrera 3B/OF 2003      
bublooo Down the Mississippi             Ron Guidry P 1977      
sooners07 Pennsylvania (from italyprof)           Christy Mathewson P 1900      
shysters3 Ohio    Ed Delahanty 1B/OF 1889      
coloradokid Stagecoach  Grover Cleveland "Pete" Alexander P 1911      
crazyamos Caribbean              Pedro Martinez P 1993               

Players already selected: (by region): 

Atlantic Coast                Babe Ruth     Jimmy Foxx  Lefty Grove 

California pre-1990         Ted Williams   Tom Seaver  Joe Dimaggio

California 1990 on         Barry Bonds   Randy Johnson  Mark McGwire

Ohio                                    George Sisler    Cy Young  Ed Delahanty

Texarkana                          Ernie Banks   Rogers Hornsby   Tris Speaker

New York                             Lou Gehrig      Warren Spahn   Alex Rodriguez

Midwestern                          Addie Joss    Al Simmons  Mordecai Brown 

Down the Mississippi          Carl Hubbell     Yogi Berra  Ron Guidry

Illinois                                     Rickey Henderson     Joe McGinnity   Lou Boudreau

New England                           Nap Lajoie           Tim Keefe   Mickey Cochrane

Pennsylvania                          Stan Musial  Honus Wagner  Christy Mathewson

Stagecoach                           Mickey Mantle   Walter Johnson  Pete Alexander

Dixie                                          Ty Cobb  Henry Aaron  Willie Mays 

Rest of World                        Mariano Rivera     Ichiro Suzuki    Miguel Cabrera

Caribbean                               Albert Pujols   Manny Ramirez  Pedro Martinez

Appalachia                              George Brett   Jesse Burkette  Wilbur Cooper
7/11/2014 7:48 AM (edited)
It's been very exciting italy!  
7/10/2014 8:18 PM
Posted by italyprof on 7/10/2014 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Ok, thanks chargingryno and grayfoxx, ignore my sitemail asking which round the trade is for. 
I didnt get any sitemail, but I think my 4th pick would be in the 4th round, and the same for him.
7/10/2014 8:27 PM
Christy Mathewson P
7/10/2014 9:44 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 7/10/2014 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by italyprof on 7/10/2014 7:23:00 PM (view original):
I didnt get any sitemail, but I think my 4th pick would be in the 4th round, and the same for him.
he's like a humanities professor, cut him some math slack
7/10/2014 10:02 PM
Posted by italyprof on 7/10/2014 6:53:00 AM (view original):
bagchucker, what position does your grandma play? 
leadoff
7/10/2014 10:14 PM
she gave me a twenty on saturdays if i would come over and PUTS (Pick Up The dog ****) and vacuum and whatnot

her frigerator was loaded

it was miles away and shot my saturday if i did it, bike or bus, but that food and twenty was always there

roast beef! green olives. actual blue cheese. them chewy oatmeal cookies with the raisins. my uncles playboys. my old grandads old grandad. and them damn crappin kick dogs everywhere

ima say Who needs pitchin? Lets double up on Shovels. Scoop and toss, easy as pie. Lou Boudreau

7/10/2014 11:08 PM
Yep, not so good at math. You all got me there. 

By the way can we get a hand for the sheer brilliance of bagchucker's poetry. Seriously, this is the best post I have ever seen on this site. I don't have any idea what you are talking about man but it is right up there with Samuel Beckett. Magnificent. And yes this is a compliment and no it is not ironic. 

Updating now.
7/11/2014 7:46 AM
Am I the only one having a hard time choosing? 

Hope not. Here it was between one great pitcher, and two great infielders. But I am betting on having some pitching available next round. 

Texarkana: Texas and Arkansas. It was 1969, probably the greatest college football game ever up to that time. Texas is first world in that part of the country and they consider Arkansas third world. And Texas came up with a two-point conversion late to win 15-14 in a come-from-behind win. 

But this time Arkansas wins: 

My leadoff hitter for the next 13 years. 

Arky Vaughan SS 1932
7/11/2014 8:16 AM
Boy, there are a lot of great pitchers from the Midwest. Guess I'll go with Chief Bender, P from 1903.
7/11/2014 8:57 AM
Now I'm really excited for these next couple of rounds (I hear Charlie Gehringer was a pretty decent 2nd baseman). As for my current Atlantic Coast pick...

Playing shortstop, number 2, Derek Jeter, number 2... (1996)
7/11/2014 9:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.