chargingryno California pre-1990 (from grayfoxx)  Lefty Gomez P 1930    
bagchucker Ohio         Roger Clemens P 1984      
stroh23   Down the Mississippi    Mel Ott  OF 1926  
bublooo   Illinois        Fred Lynn OF 1975       
cardsfan   Midwest   Chief Bender P 1903  
cleonjones Stagecoach  Wade Boggs 3B 1982    
italyprof   Texarkana - Arky Vaughan SS 1932    
coloradokid Appalachia  Todd Helton 1B 1997    
shawbigred Calfornia 1990 on  Tony Gwynn OF 1982  (RIP and thanks)    
dnmchill   Caribbean        Pudge Rodriguez C 1991    
benfc   New England  Carlton Fisk C 1972    
crazyamos   Pennsylvania    Ed Walsh, P (1904)    
mini157   Atlantic Coast  Derek Jeter SS 1996    
grayfoxx   Rest of the World (from chargingryno)  Ferguson Jenkins P 1966    
sooners07 New York           Eddie Collins 2B 1908      
shysters3   Dixie                  Shoeless Joe Jackson OF 1910

Players already selected: (by region): 

Atlantic Coast                Babe Ruth     Jimmy Foxx  Lefty Grove   Derek Jeter

California pre-1990         Ted Williams   Tom Seaver  Joe Dimaggio   Lefty Gomez 

California 1990 on         Barry Bonds   Randy Johnson  Mark McGwire  Tony Gwynn

Ohio                                    George Sisler    Cy Young  Ed Delahanty  Roger Clemens

Texarkana                          Ernie Banks   Rogers Hornsby   Tris Speaker  Arky Vaughan

New York                             Lou Gehrig      Warren Spahn   Alex Rodriguez  Eddie Collins

Midwestern                          Addie Joss    Al Simmons  Mordecai Brown   Chief Bender

Down the Mississippi          Carl Hubbell     Yogi Berra  Ron Guidry   Mel Ott

Illinois                                     Rickey Henderson     Joe McGinnity   Lou Boudreau  Fred Lynn

New England                           Nap Lajoie           Tim Keefe   Mickey Cochrane  Carlton Fisk

Pennsylvania                          Stan Musial  Honus Wagner  Christy Mathewsonn  Ed Walsh

Stagecoach                           Mickey Mantle   Walter Johnson  Pete Alexander  Wade Boggs

Dixie                                          Ty Cobb  Henry Aaron  Willie Mays  Shoeless Joe Jackson

Rest of World                        Mariano Rivera     Ichiro Suzuki    Miguel Cabrera  Ferguson Jenkins 

Caribbean                               Albert Pujols   Manny Ramirez  Pedro Martinez  Pudge Rodriguez

Appalachia                              George Brett   Jesse Burkette  Wilbur Cooper   Todd Helton 

Pennsylvania,  New York  and Dixie need to chime in and this round will be in the books. Thanks cleonjones - I agree, this is a lot of fun and it is great having only to post as some point during the day. It is the easiest draft I have ever had to keep track of as commish too, though I thought it would be more complicated instead. 

And I will ignore the anti-Jeter crowd. Jeter himself will now have an opportunity to show what he is worth against the best competition in the world. Though in OLs he has usually come through for me. Otherwise I am on record in defense of Jeter's career on many WIS Baseball Forum debate threads.
7/12/2014 6:56 AM (edited)
Trades: 

6th round: 

dmnchill gets Caribbean, mini157 gets Midwest

8th round: 

mini157 gets Stagecoach, Bublooo gets Ohio 

10th round: 

mini157 gets  California pre-1990, dnmchill gets Texarkana. 

Right?
7/11/2014 7:18 PM
1910 Joe Jackson--OF
7/11/2014 8:21 PM
Posted by italyprof on 7/11/2014 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Trades: 

6th round: 

dmnchill gets Caribbean, mini157 gets Midwest

8th round: 

mini157 gets Stagecoach, Bublooo gets Ohio 

10th round: 

mini157 gets  California pre-1990, dnmchill gets Texarkana. 

Right?
Correct
7/11/2014 8:23 PM
Dang. Very tough call on Pennsylvania, but we'll take the all-time ERA king, Ed Walsh, P (1904)
7/11/2014 8:37 PM
I just traded my 5th round (old Cali) for Cleonjones' 5th round.
7/11/2014 9:02 PM
Posted by crazyamos on 7/11/2014 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I just traded my 5th round (old Cali) for Cleonjones' 5th round.
Confirmed....i send Ohio 5th and get old cali 5th
7/11/2014 9:05 PM
I have the trade. 

You could make the argument that the last two players are the greatest pitcher and hitter that ever lived. I think it is close and probably not quite true, but you can make a legitimate case for each.
7/11/2014 9:20 PM
I was probably going to draft Walsh next round. I have a plan B. But he was definitely a possible consolation for the trade allowing Mathewson to get away. 

Missing only NY and we will be ready for round 5. 
7/11/2014 9:25 PM
Italy, as soon as Sooners picks for New York, am I good to start Round 5?  Or would you prefer to wait till the morning? 
7/11/2014 10:34 PM
Sorry guys I was working on a potential trade that feel through.

Eddie Collins 2b

Collins is available for trade.
7/12/2014 3:43 AM
For round 5, I'm traveling Down the Mississippi to pick Bill Dickey, c.
7/12/2014 6:43 AM
To answer chargingryno's question, I have no problem with us starting rounds early so long as everyone has picked. If there are missed picks I prefer we wait for the next morning. But once that morning comes we can go ahead with the next rounds even if there is a missed pick. 

So cardsfan's pick after sooners07 picked is fine coming early. Updating now.
7/12/2014 6:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.