Geography League Draft Order Topic

Stagecoach--'59 Bob Gibson--P
7/12/2014 1:27 PM

I'm going to be patient. As great as this dude is, it really does take a long while.....

P  Greg Maddux  1986   -    Texarkana

7/12/2014 1:58 PM
Posted by dnmchill on 7/12/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):

I'm going to be patient. As great as this dude is, it really does take a long while.....

I almost took him with my #3 pick - hard to pass up those mid-90's seasons!
7/12/2014 2:01 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 7/12/2014 11:14:00 AM (view original):
TRADE:

Sooners07 sends Eddie Collins-2B and Round 17 pick (NEW YORK) to Chargingryno for Tris Speaker -OF and Round 19 pick (New England)

Sooners07 to confirm
Confirmed.

Thanks for the trade offers everyone. I couldn't resist speaker, especially after nearly convincing myself to take him over Hornsby (knowing I might get Collins or gehringer)

I considered playing Collins out of position at SS, unfortunately he isn't an elite fielder to start so the penalties to his stats worried me.
7/12/2014 2:02 PM
Illinois - Kirby Puckett OF
7/12/2014 2:10 PM
From Panama - Rod Carew 1967
7/12/2014 2:27 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 7/12/2014 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dnmchill on 7/12/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):

And I was going to take him with my next pick............arghh!!
Either we learn something new every day, or myself alone
am get'n a re-education (again) 2'day...

Here goes, but correct me if wrong, but along w/ the great
Andre Agassi, both he & Greg Maddux were BOTH born in
Las Vegas....

Like every 1 else who wants 2 go back 2 Vegas & get their
money back, that's EXACTLY what eye will do, if wrong...

Ha... No $HiT... Wow... Can't believe he wasn't born there...
7/12/2014 3:07 PM
If if makes you feel any better, I posted on Facebook that Frank Zappa was from northern New Jersey (like me) but he was from Orange County, California. And Roger Clemens seems to think he was born in Texas but as we have learned he is an Ohio boy - I would ask where he got that accent, but I saw Henry Kissinger's brother (the family moved to the US when they were both very young) on some talk show once and he has a completely American accent. The host asked how come he talked that way when Henry has such a thick German accent and his brother said "no one in the family understands why Henry talks like that."
7/12/2014 6:32 PM
reasonable offers entertained for 6th Round Ohio
7/12/2014 7:55 PM
I went back and forth between a few guys on this pick, I'll settle with    1962 Gaylord Perry- P   Appalachia 
7/12/2014 8:04 PM
Very under-rated pitcher in my view in overall career. Good pick.  He absolutely kills in Out of the Park Baseball solitaire. I have to not draft him sometimes because he seems to guarantee a perennial pennant winner and then there is less challenge.
7/12/2014 8:11 PM
THE TRADE BY SOONERS07 AND CHARGINGRYNO NEEDS TO BE RE-THOUGHT: SOONERS07 HAS TEXARKANA IN ROUND 17, NOT NY. 

We are done with round 5. Round 6 can start whenever we like. I will post the schedule now. 

Round 5: 

bublooo   Calfornia 1990 on                      Eddie Murray 1B 1977      
chargingryno New York                                   Willie Keeler OF 1892        
coloradokid Appalachia                          1962 Gaylord Perry- P      
sooners07 traded pick      
cardsfan   Down the Mississippi             Bill Dickey C 1929    
bagchucker Atlantic Coast                               Chipper Jones 3B 1995      
italyprof   New England        Hugh Duffy OF 1888 and Pennsylvania (from sooners07)  Eddie Plank P 1901      
shysters3   Stagecoach                                 Bob Gibson P 1956      
grayfoxx   Caribbean                             Juan Marichal P 1960      
stroh23   Rest of the World                Rod Carew 2B 1967      
mini157   Midwest                           Charlie Gehringer 2B 1926    
cleonjones California pre-1990 (from crazyamos)   Don Drysdale P 1956        
dnmchill   Texarkana                                Greg Maddux P 1986      
benfc   Illinois                                    Kirby Puckett OF 1984        
crazyamos   Ohio (from cleonjones)    Mike Schmidt 3B 1973      
shawbigred Dixie                                    Don Sutton P 1966

Players already selected: (by region): 

Atlantic Coast                Babe Ruth     Jimmy Foxx  Lefty Grove   Derek Jeter  Chipper Jones

California pre-1990         Ted Williams   Tom Seaver  Joe Dimaggio   Lefty Gomez  Don Drysdale

California 1990 on         Barry Bonds   Randy Johnson  Mark McGwire  Tony Gwynn  Eddie Murray 

Ohio                                    George Sisler    Cy Young  Ed Delahanty  Roger Clemens  Mike Schmidt

Texarkana                          Ernie Banks   Rogers Hornsby   Tris Speaker  Arky Vaughan  Greg Maddux

New York                             Lou Gehrig      Warren Spahn   Alex Rodriguez  Eddie Collins  Willie Keeler

Midwestern                          Addie Joss    Al Simmons  Mordecai Brown   Chief Bender  Charlie Gehringer

Down the Mississippi          Carl Hubbell     Yogi Berra  Ron Guidry   Mel Ott   Bill Dickey

Illinois                                     Rickey Henderson     Joe McGinnity   Lou Boudreau  Fred Lynn  Kirby Puckett

New England                           Nap Lajoie           Tim Keefe   Mickey Cochrane  Carlton Fisk  Hugh Duffy

Pennsylvania                          Stan Musial  Honus Wagner  Christy Mathewsonn  Ed Walsh   Eddie Plank 

Stagecoach                           Mickey Mantle   Walter Johnson  Pete Alexander  Wade Boggs   Bob Gibson

Dixie                                          Ty Cobb  Henry Aaron  Willie Mays  Shoeless Joe Jackson  Don Sutton 

Rest of World                        Mariano Rivera     Ichiro Suzuki    Miguel Cabrera  Ferguson Jenkins   Rod Carew

Caribbean                               Albert Pujols   Manny Ramirez  Pedro Martinez  Pudge Rodriguez  Juan Marichal

Appalachia                              George Brett   Jesse Burkette  Wilbur Cooper   Todd Helton    Gaylord Perry
7/12/2014 8:14 PM
So is it ok to proceed with round 6? Because I'm all set and ready.
7/12/2014 8:19 PM
No surprise here I'll get this round going with   1992 Mike Piazza- C  Pennsylvania
He probably would of gone higher if not for his bad throwing arm.
7/12/2014 8:23 PM
I will start round 6 off (before going to bed as it is very late here) with: 

Frankie Frisch 2B 1919 from New York
7/12/2014 8:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.