Being a "League Founder" Topic

Just a little rant here.
Won't name any usernames (or multiple user names) but in a live league that just filled recently one of the good guys trying to run a league put up with a couple **** heads during the course of filling the league. One of the little immature idiots dropped out at the end proclaiming he just couldn't wait for the league to fill.
Another made half assed negative comments during the process going so far as posting others should drop out of the league too. I understand these may be high school pimple faces who when they are not masturbating to Kate Upton pretend to know the game of baseball, and maybe they do.
But they don't know anything about running a league here. Yes we get a free team but I highly doubt anyone is a league founder just to get a free team. Those of us who commish leagues do it because we enjoy it.
If you want to play a baseball game on demand go back to your Xbox.
A little respect should be given to the good guys who check rosters, run drafts and work to make sure the leagues go smoothly.

As for myself I will remember who the idiots are here and even though it is tough to fill live leagues won't have them in my leagues.
2/12/2013 8:50 PM
Two Thumbs Up
2/12/2013 9:07 PM
Posted by szczubelek on 2/12/2013 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Just a little rant here.
Won't name any usernames (or multiple user names) but in a live league that just filled recently one of the good guys trying to run a league put up with a couple **** heads during the course of filling the league. One of the little immature idiots dropped out at the end proclaiming he just couldn't wait for the league to fill.
Another made half assed negative comments during the process going so far as posting others should drop out of the league too. I understand these may be high school pimple faces who when they are not masturbating to Kate Upton pretend to know the game of baseball, and maybe they do.
But they don't know anything about running a league here. Yes we get a free team but I highly doubt anyone is a league founder just to get a free team. Those of us who commish leagues do it because we enjoy it.
A little respect should be given to the good guys who check rosters, run drafts and work to make sure the leagues go smoothly.

As for myself I will remember who the idiots are here and even though it is tough to fill live leagues won't have them in my leagues.
One of them was me I know not trying to be a jerk just a impatient bastard really. Say whatever the hell u want i just do not like slow things so that was one of my big rookie mistakes so u may never let me in ur league but I may deserve it. I will still play the league I joined a lot.
2/12/2013 10:00 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 2/12/2013 9:07:00 PM (view original):
Two Thumbs Up
^
2/12/2013 11:38 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 2/12/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by szczubelek on 2/12/2013 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Just a little rant here.

One of them was me I know not trying to be a jerk just a impatient bastard really. Say whatever the hell u want i just do not like slow things so that was one of my big rookie mistakes so u may never let me in ur league but I may deserve it. I will still play the league I joined a lot.
Juggalo Steve???????
2/12/2013 11:52 PM
Josh, too lazy to just say two thumbs up, you just repost? Haha. Well put szczubelek. Most times, being a commish isnt even worth the free team. Everyone who has run a draft knows that. Hell checking rosters can be time consuming in itself. I wish I had more time for live these days, so I could join these leagues, but there is no give and take on meeting the new guys around. It's always on there time, rather than looking at the whole picture and working as a group to get these leagues going and for everyone to enjoy a league.
2/14/2013 12:18 AM
I want to pass along that phillyboy sitemailed me saying he had made a mistake and hoped it wouldn't be held against him. And it won't from my point. We need more live players. Hopefully he will hang around and be a part of live.
2/14/2013 6:37 AM
2/14/2013 2:10 PM
tell me more about this Kate Upton...
:)
2/14/2013 3:59 PM
On a related note ... If you want to start a league, the goal should be to create one that's balanced and gives as many teams a chance as possible. It should not be to figure out a way to give yourself the best shot at winning something. If you want people to sign up, don't form create the league and immediately take the top team(s).
2/21/2013 11:56 AM
I tried but nobody appears to like obama or be patient enough for the league to fill.  I'm reayd to take over the regressive league when you get around to it.
3/12/2013 2:24 AM
...one of the reasons why I left this game....
3/12/2013 10:39 AM
Posted by cmb0315 on 3/12/2013 2:24:00 AM (view original):
I tried but nobody appears to like obama or be patient enough for the league to fill.  I'm reayd to take over the regressive league when you get around to it.
Someone almost left one of my progressive leagues just because I merely mentioned Obama as a joke. Just saying.
4/8/2013 7:20 AM
Somebody going by donald trump doesn't really need to crack obama jokes to make a fool of himself.
4/8/2013 2:00 PM
Posted by coyote522 on 4/8/2013 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Somebody going by donald trump doesn't really need to crack obama jokes to make a fool of himself.
I won 13 World Series with this name, Yote, including 4 this year alone. What the hell have you done?
4/8/2013 2:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Being a "League Founder" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.