No Big Deal Progressive Full Topic

A Live progressive in which you build and maintain your team only through your drafting ability and planning. No trades of any kind, no AAA, and no incentive for tanking.
5/15/2013 4:46 PM (edited)
- 14 Keepers, up to 2 IR
- No AAA
- No trades of players or picks
- 50-game Live requirement; drop 1 spot in the draft (1 additional spot for every 10+ games short)
- Draft order based on total salary for each team's 8 most-expensive players in the coming season, with the lowest-salary team picking first.
- No DH, No Injuries
- 16 Teams, 4 Divisions, no Wild Card
- Any stadium eligible, to be chosen during 26-round player draft; owners may change stadiums one time only
- Keeper lists due by last day or regular season or owners will drop 1 spot in the draft
- Teams must be entered within 72 hours of getting a league #/end of draft or lose 1 spot in the next draft
- League will start in 1998, and if we run out of seasons will reverse direction as a regressive

OAKLAND (Oakland Coliseum)
3B    Blum, Geoff
C    Fordyce, Brook
C    Kendall, Jason
DH    Hill, Glenallen
DH    Martinez, Edgar
DH    Palmer, Dean
OF    Lankford, Ray
OF    Pierre, Juan
OF    Walker, Larry
OF    White, Rondell
SS    Garciaparra, Nomar
P    Anderson, Matt
P    Fernandez, Osvaldo
P    Hawkins, Latroy
P    Helling, Rick
P    Magnante, Mike
P    Martinez, Pedro
P    Park, Chan Ho
P    Ponson, Sidney
P    Wakefield, Tim
P    Wolf, Randy
IR    P Kelly Wunsch

5/15/2013 7:55 PM (edited)
Ill take em. Unless being absent from 5/31-6/7 will  be a dealbreaker.
5/15/2013 10:13 PM
OK, we're full. If anyone else wants in on a good league post here. Some 2-team owners might want to give one up. Thanks fiireballers!

5/15/2013 11:22 PM
What about the gift card to buy into the league or is that dead now?
5/15/2013 11:30 PM
It became clear that doing the gift cards with replacement owners would have been a logistical nightmare after every season The main intent of the gift cards was to steer clear of anyone who wanted to draft a 1- or 2-season powrhouse and then bail and encourage everyone to meet the Live minimum. The latter goal wouldn't be worth the effort of managing the gift cards every season, and only taking replacements who were willing to get them might slow us down between seasons.

After the 2002 season, original owners who met the Live minimum all five seasons will get their $10 back. One of those owners will also be randomly selected to win the forfeited cards, or we can just divvy it up equally. No replacement owner was asked to get a gift card, so they are not missing out on anything they'd be entitled to. I think we will have enough owners with five consecutive seasons that WIS will also kick in some money, which we can discuss how to handle when the time comes.

5/15/2013 11:48 PM
were there 2 teams? i'll take the other team if there is one..
5/16/2013 1:51 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 5/15/2013 11:48:00 PM (view original):
It became clear that doing the gift cards with replacement owners would have been a logistical nightmare after every season The main intent of the gift cards was to steer clear of anyone who wanted to draft a 1- or 2-season powrhouse and then bail and encourage everyone to meet the Live minimum. The latter goal wouldn't be worth the effort of managing the gift cards every season, and only taking replacements who were willing to get them might slow us down between seasons.

After the 2002 season, original owners who met the Live minimum all five seasons will get their $10 back. One of those owners will also be randomly selected to win the forfeited cards, or we can just divvy it up equally. No replacement owner was asked to get a gift card, so they are not missing out on anything they'd be entitled to. I think we will have enough owners with five consecutive seasons that WIS will also kick in some money, which we can discuss how to handle when the time comes.

I started last season and did the $10 Gift Certificate too
5/16/2013 5:32 AM
Sorry stroh, hadn't noticed that. I'll take another look today and open it up for discussion.
5/16/2013 8:40 AM (edited)
Posted by besterateam on 5/16/2013 1:51:00 AM (view original):
were there 2 teams? i'll take the other team if there is one..
We ended up with just one opening. I had originally posted 3 teams, but two current owners I thought were dropping retained their teams. But I'll check with a two-team owner to see whether he wants to give one up.
5/16/2013 8:39 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 5/16/2013 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Sorry stroh, hadn't noticed that. I'll take another look today and open it up for discussion.
I am fine if you dont want to do it anymore, just want to make sure i get my $10 back at some point.
5/16/2013 5:35 PM
No Big Deal Progressive Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.