Only Live Regressive - Full Topic

15 Keepers + up to 2 IR
Draft Order determined by salary total for keepers (lowest picks first, total includes 1/2 of IR players' next eligible season)
No DH, WW, Injuries
Yes Trades (Draft picks traded up to 1 season ahead)
40 Live games required for playoffs or top-four pick
6/2 Below Avg AAA
16-team format — 4 division winners make playoffs
Must retain 22 major-league players on roster at all times (in majors or AAA
10/8/2013 2:46 PM
TORONTO
Neel, Troy
Gilkey, Bernard
Vaughn, Greg
Mack, Shane
Vizquel, Omar
Gaetti, Gary
Hayes, Charlie
Sax, Steve
Milligan, Randy
Bagwell, Jeff
Rodriguez, Ivan
Greene, Tommy
Franco, John
Mulholland, Terry
Bosio, Chris
Glavine, Tom
Nagy, Charles
Pall, Donn
Schilling, Curt
Rojas, Mel
RETIRED
Brent Gates
Kirk Rueter
Brad Holman
IR
Jeff Reed
Tony Castillo

MONTREAL
Duncan, Mariano
Baines, Harold
Winfield, Dave
Walker, Larry
Buhner, Jay
Finley, Steve
Fernandez, Tony
Caminiti, Ken
Buechele, Steve
Seitzer, Kevin
Doran, Bill
Fisk, Carlton
Alomar Jr., Sandy
Santiago, Benito
Portugal, Mark
Cox, Danny
Langston, Mark
Mussina, Mike
Navarro, Jaime
Wells, David
Frohwirth, Todd
Osuna, Al
Wetteland, John
IR
Steve Howe
RETIRED
Steve Karsay
Trevor Hoffman

Traded #1 (with Ozzie Smith/ Darling) for Wetteland, Langston/Tony Fernandez

SAN DIEGO
Burks, Ellis
Roberts, Bip
Molitor, Paul
Van Slyke, Andy
Butler, Brett
Blauser, Jeff
Barberie, Bret
Wallach, Tim
Hollins, Dave
Hrbek, Kent
Merced, Orlando
Kreuter, Chad
Deshaies, Jim
Saberhagen, Bret
Cormier, Rheal
Stewart, Dave
Fernandez, Sid
Osborne, Donovan
Burns, Todd
Howell, Jay
Willis, Carl
RETIRED
Scott Hemond

Acquired Arizona's #2 for Olerud
Acquired LA's #4 for Arocha
Acquired Seattle's #5 for Moyer

10/17/2013 4:18 PM (edited)
Aren't we going into 1992? 
10/9/2013 7:06 AM
Oops, yes. Too many leagues, too little brains.
10/9/2013 12:09 PM
I'll take the San Diego team.  It's been a while since I played a progressive, but this team looks solid and I like the regressive concept as something different.
10/11/2013 5:01 PM
All those teams are solid..tough choice..welcome hart
10/11/2013 5:49 PM
Thanks hartjh14! You've been added to the private league forum. You can look at past drafts to see what salary totals tend to draft where, though I think most of us just keep the best 15 and don't worry about trying to move up in the draft at the expense of cutting a better player. Whenever you are ready to, please sitemail me your 15 keepers + any IR, including the salary for each (or at least the total salary).

I like the regressive concept also, though I wouldn't mind switching to a progressive to get another 17 seasons of Pedro.
10/11/2013 5:49 PM
Posted by verynice on 10/11/2013 5:49:00 PM (view original):
All those teams are solid..tough choice..welcome hart
I agree. None of the three was dropped for performance. One owner is being replaced because he continually missed the minimum by a wide margin and the other two were owned by someone who no longer has time/access for live leagues.
10/11/2013 5:51 PM
Just sent my keepers.  Going to be looking to make some deals.  I don't see the forum yet.
10/11/2013 6:11 PM
You should have access to it. I added you before posting above and just checked to make sure you're on the list with access. It's Live Regressive League (est. 2008), and should show up just below the MLB forum in the list of Baseball forums.
10/12/2013 4:27 PM
great league guys and run by one of the best...if you wanna try a proggy/regressive, this is the one you want..tons of talent and good depth
10/13/2013 5:55 PM
I've never played a progressive (or regressive for that matter) so I'll give it a shot.  I'll bite the bullet and take the Montreal team with no first round pick. 
10/17/2013 11:30 AM
Since I'm new to this, is the IR for a player that had a bad year or is it only for someone that was actually hurt or didn't play a year for whatever reason?
10/17/2013 11:37 AM
Thanks grox! The IR is for players who do not have a WIS season, for any reason (war, spent a season in Durham, injury, etc.). In this particular regressive, you  have to add 1/2 of any IR player's next salary to your total, which determines draft order. You can sitemail me a list of your 15 keepers with their salaries (ideally each player's salry, but a total for the 15 + IR) would do whenever you're ready to. I've added you to the private league forum so you can see past lists of keepers, etc.

Let me know what other questions come up. Progressives tend to be a little more realistic in terms of performance than typical theme leagues.
10/17/2013 4:15 PM
I take it the draft is for any player that had his last year in MLB in 1992 (therefore his first season with us) as well as anyone that played in 1992 that is not currently on another team?  Can we draft a player that actually played in 1992 but doesn't have a WIS season and put him on the IR if we have a spot open?
10/17/2013 6:16 PM
12 Next ▸
Only Live Regressive - Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.