Connecticut shooting Topic

Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 3:57:00 PM (view original):
I own 2 rifles including one with a 20 round magazine, shotgun and 2 handguns.

I keep them in a gun locker and my bedside drawer.

I keep them for hunting, self defense and to use in the event of an enemy foreign or domestic violating American freedom.

Since I might be fighting a far better armed foe I cannot reduce my level of armament in any way.

I will sign this.

god you're ****** up.

if that's how you honestly feel, then all power to you.

the point is that many people will respond to this.  even if its just, say, 5-10% of people reducing the amount of guns they own, well, ****, we've made some progress, haven't we?

and the furhter point is that eventually, with reduced advertisements, with a continuing reminder to our public that ****** up guns can **** innocents up, gradually people will realize they dont need the bullshit anymore.  

This isnt so much for dinosaurs like you, swamp, its for the kiddies and the generations to follow.

12/20/2012 3:59 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Why not a picture of every unarmed person ever killed by an armed one?
Because here's the point, swamp.

If you want to live in a world where everyone is armed to the teeth, then you're not a compassionate human being.

And if you're not a compassionate human being, then I struggle to understand why you want to live at all.  I'm not trying to be insensitive or a jerk, but whats your point?  

Did you like the Cold War?  Did you like mutually assured destruction?  Is that really how you perceive the world?  Isnt that sad and lonely and ****** up?  Is everyone you pas by on the street your potential murderer?  is that how anyone should ever live a life?  
12/20/2012 4:04 PM (edited)
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/20/2012 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rcrusso on 12/20/2012 2:32:00 AM (view original):
Oh and by the way, **** YOU jclarkbaker you ignorant piece of ****!
You're a dumb ****.  Keep posting posters that reflect 6th grade logic you mental midget.
at least you're gunning for the middle schoolers now.  they're a bit quicker to react than the poor litlte kids who probably had no idea what the **** was happening.
12/20/2012 4:03 PM

Why is it now ok to claim that anyone that supports 2nd Amendment freedom is cruel and doesnt care about kids getting murdered.

I was crushed by the story and for a second fell into the ban the guns feel.

Then I saw the same people telling me the same message, but they were using this to get people to agree with them.

I believe guns save lives of law abiding citizens.

12/20/2012 4:05 PM
Posted by nanu on 12/20/2012 4:04:00 PM (view original):

If you want to live in a world where everyone is armed to the teeth, then you're not a compassionate human being.

And if you're not a compassionate human being, then I struggle to understand why you want to live at all.  I'm not trying to be insensitive or a jerk, but whats your point?  

Did you like the Cold War?  Did you like mutually assured destruction?  Is that really how you perceive the world?  Isnt that sad and lonely and ****** up?  Is everyone you pas by on the street your potential murderer?  is that how anyone should ever live a life?  
There has not been a major global war since we invented the bomb.

Peace through superior firepower works.

Peace through surrender doesnt.
12/20/2012 4:07 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/20/2012 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 2:49:00 AM (view original):
They always toss out the huge numbers, but in reality most of those are drug and gang related crimes.

I cannot imagine them turning in their guns if we change the laws.
So those lives are worth less than ordinary, innocent humans?

According to your inhumane logic, we won't have to worry about them turning in guns as they will kill each other off.

Yes, criminals and drug dealers get less consideration than honest law abiding citizens. Sorry about that.

Criminals killing each other isnt an issue. They made a choice and they have to live with the results.

We need to legalize what we can and enforce all the rest.
12/20/2012 4:33 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 4:05:00 PM (view original):

Why is it now ok to claim that anyone that supports 2nd Amendment freedom is cruel and doesnt care about kids getting murdered.

I was crushed by the story and for a second fell into the ban the guns feel.

Then I saw the same people telling me the same message, but they were using this to get people to agree with them.

I believe guns save lives of law abiding citizens.

And what about the 8 kids that die, on average, every day in America as the result of guns?  
12/20/2012 4:44 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):
They always toss out the huge numbers, but in reality most of those are drug and gang related crimes.

According to your inhumane logic, we won't have to worry about them turning in guns as they will kill each other off.

Yes, criminals and drug dealers get less consideration than honest law abiding citizens. Sorry about that.

Criminals killing each other isnt an issue. They made a choice and they have to live with the results.

Know who else had to live with her choices?  Adam Lanza's mother.  
12/20/2012 4:46 PM
Posted by nanu on 12/20/2012 3:56:00 PM (view original):
oh, and every gun sold comes with a sticker which has on it the face of one of the kids killed in Newtown.  every single one.
Well, I thought you had a good starting place for a popular governor to propose to his state, in a reasonable way, with open and informed debate rather than middle-of-the-night health-care style secret passage.    There are good ideas there, with levels of responsibility similar to Class A driver's licenses or day-care providers.

But a sticker with a picture of a kid on every gun?  So now I think you are just being emotionally driven, and shouldn't be allowed to come near to passing laws built on spur of the moment gut-feeling anecdotes instead of science and reason.   You want to knee-jerk a change to the way 300 million people live with a sad story of a tragic town in CT.    That's how we got 'Gun Free Zones' and super-controlled cities that have shootings every night despite not allowing a gun for miles around.   That's how we got unregulated homeless mental cases wondering the streets of every city, immune to laws against peeing in doorways or crapping on police cars or pushing people off of train platforms.    That a nutjob broke 100 laws to do what he did is immaterial to you.    If you only had a 101st law - that would have done it.

Why not just turn your attention to banning alcohol, which kills way more people, affects way more lives, and puts way more people in potential harms way than any gun ever did.   Unless you have no compassion for innocent victims, as you accuse other people of.  
12/20/2012 4:59 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 3:57:00 PM (view original):
I own 2 rifles including one with a 20 round magazine, shotgun and 2 handguns.

I keep them in a gun locker and my bedside drawer.

I keep them for hunting, self defense and to use in the event of an enemy foreign or domestic violating American freedom.

Since I might be fighting a far better armed foe I cannot reduce my level of armament in any way.

I will sign this.
Sorry, this falls under the responsibility of the American military, application denied, turn in your guns.

12/20/2012 5:10 PM
Quote post by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 4:07:00 PM:

funny thing, we have superior firepower and yet we keep invading other countries, doesn't sound like peace to me.
12/20/2012 5:13 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/20/2012 5:13:00 PM (view original):
Quote post by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 4:07:00 PM:

funny thing, we have superior firepower and yet we keep invading other countries, doesn't sound like peace to me.

Small conflicts are going to happen no matter what. Humans fight wars.

There has not been a major global war in that time frame.

Compare....We lost about the same amount of soldiers in 3 years in Iraq as the Japanese lost in 3 days on Tarawa.

12/20/2012 5:52 PM
Someone needs to make this dumb mother ****** dead!
12/20/2012 6:40 PM
Posted by nanu on 12/20/2012 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/20/2012 4:33:00 PM (view original):

Know who else had to live with her choices?  Adam Lanza's mother.  
She was not a criminal so what is your point?
12/20/2012 6:42 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 12/20/2012 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Someone needs to make this dumb mother ****** dead!
What a kind and loving liberal you are.
12/20/2012 6:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.