NFLPA to decertify Topic

Posted by willgibson on 3/14/2011 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/14/2011 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Prices went up when players wanted higher salaries. There was no great increase when players salaries were controlled.
You ignorance of very basic economic concepts for a self-proclaimed conservative is appalling. Jesus wept.
I am pointing out very basic concepts. We all pay for the salaries. As the salaries went up so did ticket prices. Sports changed from a family pastime to a luxury.
3/15/2011 12:10 AM
And I pay your salary and if you don't change your ways I am going to get a dish!
3/15/2011 12:17 AM
Posted by rcrusso on 3/15/2011 12:17:00 AM (view original):
And I pay your salary and if you don't change your ways I am going to get a dish!
And if we had to double our rates to pay all our employees more money we would go out of business.

The NFL is the same, except for competition!
3/15/2011 1:42 AM
If they don't get this figured out soon, I'm going to make every QB in the league's throwing hand look like this....

And I like the players.  Imagine what would happen to the owners....
3/15/2011 3:24 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/15/2011 12:10:00 AM (view original):
Prices went up when players wanted higher salaries. There was no great increase when players salaries were controlled.
You ignorance of very basic economic concepts for a self-proclaimed conservative is appalling. Jesus wept.
I am pointing out very basic concepts. We all pay for the salaries. As the salaries went up so did ticket prices. Sports changed from a family pastime to a luxury.
Here's a basic concept, how much of the nfl revenue comes from tickets? Do the math.
3/15/2011 8:15 AM
Another day, another thread where swamphawk is getting pwned.
3/15/2011 11:35 AM
Posted by leppykahn on 3/15/2011 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Here's a basic concept, how much of the nfl revenue comes from tickets? Do the math.
Here's a more basic concept. If NFL football was played in empty stadiums, how sharply would the TV ratings fall off?
3/15/2011 12:31 PM
Are you a free-market conservative or a babbling idiot? You claim to be one and sound like the other.

And it is kind of funny, in a surreal sort of way. I've been on these boards for four or so years and I still can't decide if your handle is actually a very clever parody of a Dittohead or whatever Rush's followers call themselves these days. Because it is still hard to me to believe a voting-age adult in the United States could be as completely and consistently clueless as you are on any one of a number of subjects. And be utterly shameless about parading your ignorance, too.
3/15/2011 1:09 PM
Posted by Braziman on 3/15/2011 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by leppykahn on 3/15/2011 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Here's a more basic concept. If NFL football was played in empty stadiums, how sharply would the TV ratings fall off?
if they removed the blackout policy, probably a negligible amount, if any.  tv ratings may even increase.  if the stadium was empty because the tickets were priced out of most people's range, that would mean more people were watching on TV and then advertisers would fall over themselves trying to throw money at the league to have commercials.  if the stadium were empty because people stopped caring, well...thats not going to happen.

with the blackout policy in place as it is now, the game wouldnt even be on tv, there would be some replacement programming in the home area.
3/15/2011 1:13 PM
Posted by willgibson on 3/15/2011 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Are you a free-market conservative or a babbling idiot? You claim to be one and sound like the other.

And it is kind of funny, in a surreal sort of way. I've been on these boards for four or so years and I still can't decide if your handle is actually a very clever parody of a Dittohead or whatever Rush's followers call themselves these days. Because it is still hard to me to believe a voting-age adult in the United States could be as completely and consistently clueless as you are on any one of a number of subjects. And be utterly shameless about parading your ignorance, too.
I want free market. None of the sports leagues are free market. They are monpolys. And like all forces opposed to free markets they work poorly.

People like you who need to run a little commercial knocking me crack me up! To hear all of you I am the greatest threat to free speech ever. In reality I am the loyal opposition. I present a different way of looking at common water cooler issues.
3/15/2011 3:09 PM
"Swamphawk, greatest threat to free speech ever!" Gotta get that t-shirt on Cafe Press immediately!
3/15/2011 3:13 PM
the opposition view of an idiot. What value it has.
3/15/2011 3:23 PM
Posted by leppykahn on 3/15/2011 3:23:00 PM (view original):
the opposition view of an idiot. What value it has.
Meanwhile, you can endorse the Talk-Just-Like-Yoda Home Study course you're evidently taking.
3/15/2011 3:31 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/15/2011 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willgibson on 3/15/2011 1:09:00 PM (view original):

I want free market. None of the sports leagues are free market. They are monpolys. And like all forces opposed to free markets they work poorly.

People like you who need to run a little commercial knocking me crack me up! To hear all of you I am the greatest threat to free speech ever. In reality I am the loyal opposition. I present a different way of looking at common water cooler issues.
I don't think you are a threat to free speech; I do think you are an idiot. I made that pretty clear but, no, it's not surprising that you failed to grasp that. I also see you've conflated the concept of "loyal opposition" with "court jester" as well. One advances plausible policy alternatives to the government of the day. The other doesn't.
3/15/2011 3:36 PM

Loyal opposition with court jester.....gold jerry, gold

3/15/2011 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
NFLPA to decertify Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.