Obama's foreign policy have come home to roost Topic

Bush was much worse than Obama.  Much much worse.
9/14/2012 10:19 PM
So when Muslims went all nuts over the Danish cartoons did that reflect Denmark's weakness? No, it reflects a bunch of people who hold religious beliefs who have not progressed beyond the Middle Ages, and who become incensed over anything they hear...not actually have seen.

Their actions are not in response to US policy, but to something they have heard about on the internet...a film created by a Copt Christian, who is also under investigation for some shady financial dealings...and being promoted by the whack job Qua'an burning preacherman.

To say that attacks on the US embassies are aimed at US policy just shows how little some of you understand life outside the US.  Wait...if Obama is weak on Israel, then you would think the Muslim world would WANT him re-elected....

You clearly have no understanding of Middle East/Islamic politics.
9/14/2012 11:02 PM
I am willing to admit that there are some times when you would rather have someone like Obama negotiating.

I just think this isnt one of those times.

We need a "Tear Down This Wall" moment.
9/15/2012 3:18 AM
Do tell...what is being "negotiated" and  what would a "Tear down this Wall" speech  address?
9/15/2012 6:07 AM
Sept. 11, New York City, Arlington, Va., and Shanksville, Pa.: hijackers crashed 2 commercial jets into twin towers of World Trade Center; 2 more hijacked jets were crashed into the Pentagon and a field in rural Pa. Total dead and missing numbered 2,9921: 2,749 in New York City, 184 at the Pentagon, 40 in Pa., and 19 hijackers. Islamic al-Qaeda terrorist group blamed. (See September 11, 2001: Timeline of Terrorism.)
June 14, Karachi, Pakistan: bomb explodes outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.
Dec. 6, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.
Sept. 13, Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy is foiled.
Jan. 12, Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy is fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.

Sept. 16, Yemen: a car bomb and a rocket strike the U.S. embassy in Yemen as staff arrived to work, killing 16 people, including 4 civilians. At least 25 suspected al-Qaeda militants are arrested for the attack.

9/15/2012 6:42 AM
Narrowed it down.  I didn't include Germany's Embassy, the KFC in Lebanon, or random war stuff.  That list would be too long to type here for Obama.
9/15/2012 6:43 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 9/15/2012 6:08:00 AM (view original):
Do tell...what is being "negotiated" and  what would a "Tear down this Wall" speech  address?
Negotiating is a catch phrase that covers dealing with, in this case, with foreign governments and how to get things back to normal.

It isnt about the specifics, it is about standing tall.

The issue here is freedom of speech. It is the one thing that makes America unique.

If we keep doing the "The movie was out of line but you shouldnt kill people because of it" we are not acknowledging that we cannot control political speech based on how much it offends people.
9/15/2012 1:15 PM

9/15/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/15/2012 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Negotiating is a catch phrase that covers dealing with, in this case, with foreign governments and how to get things back to normal.

The issue here is freedom of speech. It is the one thing that makes America unique.

If we keep doing the "The movie was out of line but you shouldnt kill people because of it" we are not acknowledging that we cannot control political speech based on how much it offends people.
bullshit-negotiating is not a "catch phrase".

You however, use "catch phrase" as a "catch phrase" for "I really don't know how to explain what I am trying to say so I will just use words any way I want and when I get called on it I will call it a 'catch phrase'."

Here is the forum, Swamp...make your "Standing Tall" speech with regards to the Middle East.  And BTW, the Tear Down This Wall speech, was not a Standing Tall speech.  But you will claim it as a "catch phrase" I am sure.
9/15/2012 7:54 PM
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  YOU MUST TALK ABOUT ROMNEY.  

9/15/2012 11:30 PM
Sudan says no to 50 marines.  Pull all people out and stop any and all money to.
9/16/2012 3:06 AM
Doubt that would happen and that would go with either dude as President.
9/16/2012 8:11 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 9/15/2012 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/15/2012 1:15:00 PM (view original):

bullshit-negotiating is not a "catch phrase".

You however, use "catch phrase" as a "catch phrase" for "I really don't know how to explain what I am trying to say so I will just use words any way I want and when I get called on it I will call it a 'catch phrase'."

Here is the forum, Swamp...make your "Standing Tall" speech with regards to the Middle East.  And BTW, the Tear Down This Wall speech, was not a Standing Tall speech.  But you will claim it as a "catch phrase" I am sure.
1 Negotiating is a catch phrase if you use it as one. Sorry. My point was that all of the conversations and actions that would go along with a specific incident. I used the term negotiating a catch phrase. Sorry if your only response to this is "BS YOU SUCK".

2 My point was crystal clear. either you have problems understanding english or you just refuse to listen to Conservatives.

3 "We believe in freedom of political speech above all else. We as a society criticize our God more than any other. It is clear much of the violence was just using The movie about Islam as a cover for an attack against America. We will not stand for violence against us".

That needs to be fleshed out, but that is the points I would want to hit.

It really bothers me that anyone would respond to terror by attacking freedom of political speech.
9/16/2012 9:31 PM
◂ Prev 12
Obama's foreign policy have come home to roost Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.