Funny NFL Facebook Topic

Stafford #5 all time single season pass attempts per game. (39). Plus the season is 16 games instead of the 14 and 12 for much of NFL history.

Stafford not in top 250+ all time single season in either yards per attempt or yards per completion.

So how is this season (2011) <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB.>>?    He threw 663 times, good for #3 all-time.

I'm not saying he isn't a fine young QB, but calling it <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB>> is over the top. Good that you have passion for the Lions though. And I'm pulling for the Tigers.

10/13/2012 5:51 AM
seamar, don't you know that swampie has a man crush on Stafford and want to swallow his man goo. 
10/13/2012 9:55 AM
Posted by occsid on 10/13/2012 9:55:00 AM (view original):
seamar, don't you know that swampie has a man crush on Stafford and want to swallow his man goo. 
TMI !
10/13/2012 8:56 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/13/2012 5:51:00 AM (view original):
Stafford #5 all time single season pass attempts per game. (39). Plus the season is 16 games instead of the 14 and 12 for much of NFL history.

Stafford not in top 250+ all time single season in either yards per attempt or yards per completion.

So how is this season (2011) <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB.>>?    He threw 663 times, good for #3 all-time.

I'm not saying he isn't a fine young QB, but calling it <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB>> is over the top. Good that you have passion for the Lions though. And I'm pulling for the Tigers.

You can always find a way to slice up a stat.

Only 4 men in NFL history have thrown for 5000 yards.

That makes it great to me.
10/13/2012 11:32 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/13/2012 11:32:00 PM (view original):

Stafford was not even in the top two in passing yards last year. The Lions running game was decimated by injury. They threw about 2/3rds of the time. The fact that Stafford does not even crack the All-Time lists (in the top 250+) for yards per attempt or per completion suggests that his numbers are from throwing a lot, which indeed he did. The results, however, suggest something less than <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB>>. The Lions went 10-6 after starting 5-0. The finished 5-6...that does not scream QB "greatness". Stafford stats were generated by the system and necessity, not <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB>>. Is he good? Sure. <<One of the greatest seasons ever for a QB>>  uh, no.

But if your sole way of looking at things is Passing Yards, I understand why you say that. It's just not a very sophisticated analysis. It's like saying Adam Dunn (the last two years) or Dave Kingman are great hitters because they hit a lot of HR.

10/14/2012 1:51 AM
Please swamp he did it one season. If he does it over a few season THEN he is in the conversation. This year he has been shaky. He could be a one hit wonder. 
10/14/2012 9:08 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/13/2012 11:32:00 PM (view original):

+1
10/14/2012 12:24 PM
◂ Prev 123
Funny NFL Facebook Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.