Why do you let Swamp troll you? Topic

which is <<Are you implying that the jokes were created out of thin air with no basis in reality?>>..ergo, there IS a basis in reality. Or are you now saying there is NO basis in reality...in which case your whole point is moot.

Your brain must experience cognitive whiplash every day.
4/12/2013 8:28 PM
Just because a myth exists and someone mocks it doenst mean it is true.

The anti-football attitude exists on the left and so they make jokes about it, as opposed to just make jokes about something out of thin air.

The anti-Palin attitude was real. She was mocked with no real facts, but there was a belief on the left.

You really need to tap dance around the facts dont you?
4/12/2013 8:53 PM
C'mon Swamp, if there was EVER someone SCREAMING to be mocked.......it was Palin.
4/13/2013 2:12 AM
<<Just because a myth exists and someone mocks it doenst mean it is true.

The anti-football attitude exists on the left and so they make jokes about it, as opposed to just make jokes about something out of thin air.

The anti-Palin attitude was real. She was mocked with no real facts, but there was a belief on the left.

You really need to tap dance around the facts dont you?>>

Just so I clearly understand what you are saying...

if the joke is about something that supports your worldview it has a basis in reality, but if the joke is contrary to your worldview it is totally fabricated. Do I have that right?
4/13/2013 9:20 AM
No that was not the point.

My point was...

If someone makes jokes about something it is an idea that is out there.

It doesnt prove truth. Just that it is a concept that exists.

4/13/2013 2:20 PM
Why do you let him troll you... even in this thread... asking why you let him troll you?
4/13/2013 11:53 PM
just out of curiousity, what evidence do you have of this "anti-football" feeling on the left?  There is only one person I've ever heard suggest such a thing, and its you.
4/14/2013 2:23 AM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
4/14/2013 9:37 AM
Swamp can make up opinions that his opponents hold.
4/14/2013 12:28 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/14/2013 2:23:00 AM (view original):
just out of curiousity, what evidence do you have of this "anti-football" feeling on the left?  There is only one person I've ever heard suggest such a thing, and its you.
Mostly anecdotal.

Again a series of comedy lines stating it.

Another righty backing me up...

http://theyoungcons.com/new-blog/2013/1/31/why-do-so-many-liberals-hate-football

4/14/2013 9:19 PM
Your case would be stronger if you got an extreme leftist to back you up, otherwise it's just preaching to the choir.
4/15/2013 12:58 AM
Well again this is kind of an abstract concept.

Back in the 80s I had a great paper written on this by a left wing professor. He said everything I have claimed and the memory of this was the basis for the idea of soccer is a plot.

For the life of me google doesnt make this appear.

Doesnt all the jokes and banter on this, even though it is anecdotal, imply some kind basis for my claim?
4/15/2013 2:22 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 4/15/2013 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Well again this is kind of an abstract concept.

Back in the 80s I had a great paper written on this by a left wing professor. He said everything I have claimed and the memory of this was the basis for the idea of soccer is a plot.

For the life of me google doesnt make this appear.

Doesnt all the jokes and banter on this, even though it is anecdotal, imply some kind basis for my claim?
<<Doesnt all the jokes and banter on this, even though it is anecdotal, imply some kind basis for my claim?>>

Thereby supporting the claims about Palin.
4/15/2013 6:05 PM
And since I am not using this as proof of my claim, just the fact that people on the left believe it, yes.

Again Palin jokes prove that the left feared and hated her. You can prove that with jokes.

Just as I prove the left hates football.
4/15/2013 7:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Why do you let Swamp troll you? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.