I have posted several times regarding my health, and I cannot possibly express how thankful I am for the support I have received from you. I went to my oncologist on Tuesday, and, while I remain on a "maintenance" regimen, due to a genetic predisposition I have (which makes my multiple myeloma more aggressive than it would ordinarily be) but I am in remission. What a weight off my back!!!
  I get a weekly subcutaneous injection of velcade, and I take a revlamid capsule daily on a 21 day cycle. Aditionally, I am on antibiotics, and Zometa (helps curb bone brittleness).
  I have really come to enjoy being on disability. I am the original "nowhere to go and all day to get there guy." I have a 2 1/2 mile loop that I walk with the dogs 4-6 times daily. I have lost about 40 pounds, and I feel great. I have started an upper body calisthenic regimen, and an abs/core regimen as well. I lost most of my facial and body hair after my 2nd bone marrow transplant, but it is growing back already. I could live without hair growing out of my nose and ears, but hey, we can't have everything.

10/5/2012 4:41 PM
Great to hear pfattkatt!  Keep on fighting the good fight and we'll keep praying for you!
10/5/2012 5:35 PM
10/5/2012 5:43 PM
Rock on, amigo.  Your story has been inspirational; please continue to keep us all posted.
10/5/2012 7:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
great news man...very happy for you!!!
10/5/2012 11:19 PM
Awesome news...hang in there pk!
10/6/2012 3:01 AM
GREAT job man!!!  As the old saying goes:  You can't keep a good man down!!!
10/8/2012 6:35 AM
Outstanding news pfatt, stay the course, you're on a roll.......
10/8/2012 9:57 AM
Remission is the word we wanted to see.
10/9/2012 8:57 AM
See you in the platoon league!
10/9/2012 10:21 AM
So are you changing your moniker to skinnykat ?
10/9/2012 5:04 PM
Posted by micki on 10/9/2012 5:04:00 PM (view original):
So are you changing your moniker to skinnykat ?
hmmm....Maybe...how 'bout minikitty?
10/9/2012 5:14 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.