Walk off steal of home Topic

Does anyone know if there has ever been a walk off steal of home to end a game.  In Live, the sim allowed a walk off steal of home in the bottom of the 11th inning to beat my team.  That is just dumb and WIS should modify the sim to call it out cause no manager in his right mind would ever attempt it.
10/20/2012 4:03 PM
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/30th-anniversary-walk-off-steal-of-home/

On Aug. 22, 1982
, the Cardinals battled the Giants in a back-and-forth game. The Cardinals tied it in the bottom of the ninth, sending it into extra innings tied at 4-4. Both teams kept threatening in extras, but neither could score. In the 10th and 11th, a runner reached scoring position in every half-inning, but the game entered the 12th still knotted, 4-4. 

The fun came in the bottom of the 12th. After a George Hendrick fly out began the inning, backup catcher Glenn Brummersingled to begin a rally. Immediately after that, McGee singled him to second, and a few minutes later a Smith single loaded the bases. 

With two outs, Herzog had an idea. Gary Lavelle, the Giants pitcher, was a lefty. That meant he had his back to third base and so wasn’t watching the runner. And the runner was a backup catcher, so who could even imagine one of those guys trying to steal home?

Well, as it happens, that’s exactly what happened. It was as unlikely and unexpected a move as you could imagine, and that’s why it worked. With the element of surprise as strong as you’ll ever see it, Brummer stole home for the walk-off win in the bottom of the 12th for a 5-4 Cardinals victory over the Giants.
10/20/2012 4:08 PM
Ah... the old "it never happens in real life... except when it does..."
10/20/2012 4:29 PM
Well it sucks to be on the wrong end of the 1 in 30,000 walk off steal of home.
10/20/2012 5:02 PM

Its actually 1 in 202,500.

The 1 in 30,000 only counted extra inning games.

10/20/2012 5:21 PM
If you plan on staying around and playing get use to it. I've seen just about everything that shouldn't happen, happen.
10/20/2012 5:50 PM
10/20/2012 8:20 PM
I had a walk off steal of home not to long ago. It was the game of the week and went something like:

Lou Brock singles
Lou Brock steals 2B
Lou Brock steals 3B
Lou Brock steals home

GAME OVER
10/20/2012 8:42 PM
Keep in mind that there have been 136 seasons of MLB, and over 100,000 seasons of SLB... stuff happens in the sim that may have only happened hardly at all in real life...
10/21/2012 12:19 AM
Don't worry about me bheid.  I will continue to ***** when I lose to plays with lottery ticket odds.  Thanks for the video link.  It is awesome.  The back story on whitey herzog making the call and brummer only stealing something like 10 bases his entire career make it even more cool. 
10/22/2012 4:27 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Walk off steal of home Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.