How can I get Babe Ruth to pitch? Topic

Is there anyway to get Ruth to pitch? I'm in a regular career league and I see that under fielding grades that Babe has some listed as a pitcher. So, if he's coded for fielding as a pitcher, he should be able to pitch somehow. I just can't figure out how. Anyone know? Thanks.
12/11/2012 2:41 PM
You would have to have drafted one of his pitching seasons in order for him to pitch. Currently, the sim is not setup for position players to be able to pitch. So even though he is rated at pitcher and pitched in real life, there is currently no way to insert him into a pitching role as far as I know.
12/11/2012 2:49 PM
There are two seasons (1918 and 1919)when he had enough PA to be sim eligible as an OF and enough IP to be sim eligible as a pitcher.  He only appears as an OF those two seasons.

Any way of getting him added as a pitcher as well for those two seasons?
12/11/2012 2:54 PM
Doesn't live play allow you to do that? 
12/11/2012 3:21 PM
Posted by kriz on 12/11/2012 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, I believe that it does.
12/11/2012 3:52 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 12/11/2012 2:54:00 PM (view original):
There are two seasons (1918 and 1919)when he had enough PA to be sim eligible as an OF and enough IP to be sim eligible as a pitcher.  He only appears as an OF those two seasons.

Any way of getting him added as a pitcher as well for those two seasons?
They have chosen not to do this at this time.
12/11/2012 3:53 PM
Posted by biglenr on 12/11/2012 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kriz on 12/11/2012 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, I believe that it does.
A) why would that be unfortunate?  I would love it if the LIVE engine allowed you to use 2-way players as 2-way players.
B) No, it doesn't.  The only way you can have a position player pitch is if you burn through all the pitchers on your roster.  That would obviously be easier to do on LIVE, when you could bring guys in for one PA or to pitch to one batter and then sub for them.  But even so you then have to exit the game and it will pick a pitcher for you.  Maybe because Ruth actually pitched he'd be the first guy in, I don't know.  But it's also worth keeping in mind that his pitching stats aren't loaded into the database, so it's not like he'll know how to pitch in the game.  His only advantage is that he has defensive ratings at the position.  He won't have pitching stats.
12/11/2012 6:05 PM
Ok, I know that it goes the other way and allows you to use pitchers as hitters. 

I thought it went both ways.

As to why it would be unfortunate, it's why live and non-live players should never be in the same league.  Live players have so much control over their teams during live play that it can't help to carry over to their games versus non-live opponents.
12/12/2012 11:50 AM
How many leaves allow LIVE play, at least beyond the current series, but don't have a LIVE minimum for the playoffs?  How many non-LIVE leagues have you been in where anybody played a single LIVE game?  I remember one time in an OL I was in (must have been years ago, when I at least occasionally played OLS) there were like 6 or 7 total LIVE games played and I was SHOCKED.
12/12/2012 1:26 PM
No clue.  Because if they allow live, I don't play them.  It's that simple for me.
12/12/2012 1:58 PM
I'll state the obvious ,the name of this is called "What if Sports" .   So he should be able to pitch and play the Outfield in certain seasons.
12/15/2012 11:21 AM
If they were to do that, you'd see his pitching/hitting season go up in price a significant amount. Just guessing based off of how they price the good hitting pitchers.
12/15/2012 11:09 PM
How can I get Babe Ruth to pitch? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.