Do you have to draft a SS? Can you just draft someone that played that position? For instance - while drafting, can I pick Ernie Banks to be my SS? If so.how?
9/30/2013 6:17 PM (edited)
Anybody who appeared at a position can be drafted in that slot; make sure on your search that you have the 'Include Secondary Positions' boxed clicked.  There is also a way to draft people out of position, i.e., draft an OF in the 1B slot.  Search for that topic in this Forum, and you'll get the instructions.
9/30/2013 6:59 PM
Thanks
10/1/2013 4:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by zubinsum on 10/6/2013 1:24:00 AM (view original):
Shortstops are over-rated.  Exploitation of the defensive spectrum, is one of the most common strategies in the sim.  Just draft yourself a C/C fielding/range catcher-- arm doesn't matter and play him out of position.
Me, personally, I wouldn't try this.  But out of curiosity, what would a C fielding, C range out-of-position player give you at SS?  My guess is that he'll probably be the equivalent of a D fielder, at best, at the most important fielding position.  
10/17/2013 6:54 AM
After a cursory search, I noticed that catcher 2006 Brad Ausmus (A+ fielding and A+ range) only fielded at an .863 clip at 2B no less.  Given, it was only in 7 games started there, but a sub .900 fielding pct. by an A+/A+ catcher raises some serious questions about the proposition of playing a C/C catcher at SS. Like I said, I personally would never do it, but IMO it would be a disaster in the making and a total nightmare at SS for that team.
10/17/2013 7:04 AM
how do you recognize if someone's post is sincere or if they're just pulling your ***-hairs?
10/17/2013 7:28 AM
Check to see if you have any missing hairs!!!
10/17/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by patco_1981 on 10/17/2013 7:28:00 AM (view original):
how do you recognize if someone's post is sincere or if they're just pulling your ***-hairs?
You need to buy the code book. Send 20 box tops from Mothers Milk Laxative & $1.00 in wheat pennies to:

"AM I GULLIBLE"  codebook
c/o Sarcasticsonofabitch Inc.
896 Justshittinya Blvd.
Battle Creek, Michigan OU812
Attn: Pat McGroin
10/17/2013 7:55 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.