Disillusioned with WIS Topic

Posted by bagchucker on 5/6/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
what they do here is make a sim, get people to beta it for free, and use it to predict stuff

they don't care if it is good or accurate

they just want to say "we predict, based upon our sim " so&so beats so&so

for their other websites

we are adjuncts
Exactly right.

It's pretty clear now that Fox decided a while back that, when they want to run simulations, they could either pay someone to run them, or buy this site and then eventually get their money back over time by essentially having us pay to run them.

I'm guessing that by now, even if the site hasn't yet paid for itself, at the very least Fox has gotten enough money from us that it's already cheaper than it would've been to keep hiring someone to run simulations, so they really don't care whether we still exist enough to improve the site.  They're more than happy to continue taking our money while we're still here as long as they don't have to do much of anything to get it, but at this point we're probably more of an annoyance to them than anything else.

I'm not suggesting that he was personally involved in the decision, but let's just say that Rupert Murdoch didn't become one of the richest men in the world by being stupid.  I personally would argue that he became one of the world's richest men by being evil, but I suppose that's an argument for another day.
5/6/2014 7:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It would be nice if we actually heard from admin about an update or for that matter about anything
5/13/2014 5:12 PM
I used to love SLB - in fact, it is the game that originally drew me to the site.  But I haven't played it in a while because it got so stale and boring with no updates.  Not even a simple change in player salaries, which would at least change the playing field and drum up some temporary interest on my part.

I still have an HD team and I enjoy it quite a bit, but I won't play SLB until some meaningful change to the game takes place.

I think the developers are well aware of user frustration, and I think in large part they share it.  Guys go to work for WiS because they WANT to write sports simulation games.  But when the people who sign your checks say: "Write these thirty-seven pieces of software first, then maybe you can update SLB," well, what are you gonna do?
5/16/2014 3:55 PM
Posted by davis on 5/16/2014 3:55:00 PM (view original):
I used to love SLB - in fact, it is the game that originally drew me to the site.  But I haven't played it in a while because it got so stale and boring with no updates.  Not even a simple change in player salaries, which would at least change the playing field and drum up some temporary interest on my part.

I still have an HD team and I enjoy it quite a bit, but I won't play SLB until some meaningful change to the game takes place.

I think the developers are well aware of user frustration, and I think in large part they share it.  Guys go to work for WiS because they WANT to write sports simulation games.  But when the people who sign your checks say: "Write these thirty-seven pieces of software first, then maybe you can update SLB," well, what are you gonna do?
This all may be well and true but the thing that is the most frustrating to me is the lack of communication from them. Seriously, how long would it take to give us an update every couple of weeks or at least once a month to let us know how or what they are doing, if they are doing anything at all or just blowing smoke up are butts.

I have a ticket submitted since February 9th that hasn't been responded to. I've resubmitted it 3 or 4 times and still nothing.........

When my current supply of teams is gone, so am I.
5/17/2014 11:45 AM
So what's been going on with the league your in that the ticket concerns???
5/17/2014 1:39 PM
This is my ticket submitted that must be impossible to answer:

Can you tell me why I get different results when I do a search for players when I enter that criteria in 2 different searches?

For instance, I enter this data: 200IP to 999IP and ERA from 2.99 to 3.00. I get 17 Pitchers with ERA of 2.99. Yet when I enter search criteria of 200IP to 999IP and ERA from 2.98 to 3.00 the list of pitchers with 2.99 ERA is 31 Pitchers. Why don't all the pitchers with 2.99 ERA show up in the first search?
5/17/2014 5:40 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 5/17/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):

Can you tell me why I get different results when I do a search for players when I enter that criteria in 2 different searches?

For instance, I enter this data: 200IP to 999IP and ERA from 2.99 to 3.00. I get 17 Pitchers with ERA of 2.99. Yet when I enter search criteria of 200IP to 999IP and ERA from 2.98 to 3.00 the list of pitchers with 2.99 ERA is 31 Pitchers. Why don't all the pitchers with 2.99 ERA show up in the first search?
because 2.99 is a rounded number, a pitcher with an era of 2.98876 will display as 2.99 but won't show up in the first search
5/17/2014 6:08 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 5/17/2014 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 5/17/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):

because 2.99 is a rounded number, a pitcher with an era of 2.98876 will display as 2.99 but won't show up in the first search
That makes sense. Too bad someone from WIS can't answer tickets.
5/17/2014 9:08 PM

A commish in our league is MIA (about 6 weeks now). I'm trying to get the commish access to another owner who has volunteered to head the league. I sent a ticket about 8 business days ago. They replied it was transfered to the appropriate department and would take up to 5 business days to reply. No word yet. How long can I expect for customer no-service to reply?

5/20/2014 4:17 PM
Based on what I've read in these posts here so far I would say it will be a long time before you get a response. Sadly the site is going downhill rapidly
5/22/2014 1:58 PM
Posted by je3rd on 5/22/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Based on what I've read in these posts here so far I would say it will be a long time before you get a response. Sadly the site is going downhill rapidly
It is past going downhill. I think it has already hit the bottom.

Now it is starting to dig a hole.
5/22/2014 7:37 PM
"Is there anybody OUT THERE?"
5/24/2014 7:31 PM
Pink
5/25/2014 12:16 AM
hello hello
5/25/2014 5:52 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Disillusioned with WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.