1888 Bob Caruthers??? Topic

Why does 1888 Bob Caruthers not show up in the draft center as a pitcher?

He shows up as OF, but he pitched 392 innings in 1888 as well as play OF.

I have him on one of my prog teams (as an OF only cuase I can't draft him as a pitcher for 1888) and when you look at my team's real life stats, Caruthers hitting stats show up just where they should be.  When you click over to my team's real life pitching stats, Caruthers pitching stats for 1888 appear there as well.  

Does this mean I can use him as a pitcher and if so how???

Thanks in advance
4/25/2014 12:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think WIS makes two-way players either a hitter or pitcher for that season based on the number of real-life appearances they made at each position.  Caruthers might have a lot of IP/162, but if he appeared in more games as an OF than a P that year, he'll be an OF and hitter only in the database.
4/25/2014 10:30 AM
Exactly.
4/25/2014 11:45 AM
Why not just make a pitcher version as well as the hitter? How hard would that be? They already put his pitching numbers in the data base...oh well...thanks for the explanation.
4/25/2014 12:35 PM
The problem is that the sim calculates fatigue differently for hitters and pitchers, so that poses a problem. I would love it if they could figure out a way to use the two-way players as they were really used. There are a bunch of 19th C guys that would be fun to use...plus Ruth.
4/25/2014 9:01 PM
And if they did that, that would provide new cookies to eat!
4/25/2014 9:02 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 4/25/2014 9:01:00 PM (view original):
The problem is that the sim calculates fatigue differently for hitters and pitchers, so that poses a problem. I would love it if they could figure out a way to use the two-way players as they were really used. There are a bunch of 19th C guys that would be fun to use...plus Ruth.
I'm sure this will be taken care of in the next update
4/26/2014 8:15 PM
Posted by mlent on 4/26/2014 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 4/25/2014 9:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure this will be taken care of in the next update
Now THAT'S funny!!!
4/29/2014 11:24 AM
1888 Bob Caruthers??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.