The death of hoops dynasty Topic

blackberry passport
6/11/2016 1:34 AM
Posted by oldwarrior on 6/10/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):
a D3 team also landed a 653 point #62 overall recruit.
i got him with no battle whatsoever and C+ prestige
6/11/2016 3:00 AM
Posted by vandydave on 6/10/2016 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 6/10/2016 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Won't call it a death of HD, but I do see a melting of coaches in the short term.

Unlike the shift from GD to GD v2.0 (which was a complete and utter cluster flop) the saving grace here is that the engine for gameplay itself will not be changing. So the games will continue to run as-is, people will just have to get accustomed to the new recruiting mechanisms. And, again unlike GD, there seems to be much more information flowing from the beta world to the masses to alert folks to some of the changes.

That said, rolling out the beta to worlds in an as-is version would be a nightmare and a mistake. As-is, it is a flawed product and I'm not sure it even addresses the issue that was claimed as the rationale for its creation (I will defer to those doing the beta at D1 to voice an opinion on its effect there...). With attention to some of the issues that have been brought up, I can still in my mind see a route to where this will be a different, but not bad product. Human beings are naturally adverse to change, and there will undoubtedly be people who drop the game over this change, but I don't yet see this as a sign that the apocalypse is necessarily upon us.

My biggest concern is WIS' habit of doing things quickly rather than doing them right when it comes to the transition from beta to game worlds. Those who were here when the game engine in HD changed will recall the need to re-tweak that process over the 2-3 seasons because it was moved out of beta before the bugs were fully worked out of the process. This is also the reason why GD will never again receive a dime of my money.
In reference to the game engine not changing, I think most coaches would argue that HD is as much a game of recruiting as it is game planning, and that recruiting is more than 50% of success.
I would agree with that Vandy -- was simply trying to indicate that the TYPE of player we need should remain constant (the challenge, of course, will be finding them...). When they rehauled GD to v.2.0 it wasn't just a new way of doing things, it was also a complete change to what worked. The style of teams and players you needed to be successful literally changed overnight. Was just indicating that shouldn't be the case here -- people who recruit for Ath and Spd shouldn't have to worry that they'll wake up to discover LP and Per are the most important attributes suddenly.
6/11/2016 3:14 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 6/11/2016 3:00:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for the information Yanks. I knew you were not a Sim having played you before and could only assume their was no battle for that #17th ranked PF. It should make things interesting if a pretty bad Div 3 team can get a top 20 position Div 1 player. Seble and others believe it to be a fluke, how they can base that claim of a fluke with not even one complete recruiting season completed is beyond my imagination.

I have been pretty vocal against this change. I am now somewhat intrigued with it. However I cant see me running more than 2 teams because of the time constraints. I also worry that many of the changes will have SEVERE and at this point UNKNOWN consequences (Just as this FLUKE signing was) and those consequences will not be fixed (as the past showed with the ignored requests) or constantly fixed with more UNKNOWN consequences every time they are adjusted.
6/11/2016 3:27 AM
The mere change of making recruit signing random to some degree among several schools could be huge. For example, if a guy is very high with 2 schools he may sign with the school behind in the race 30-40% of the time (exact ratio not revealed)
6/11/2016 10:08 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 6/11/2016 3:00:00 AM (view original):
I feel like this is a bit misleading. He was the #62 player but he isn't THAT good. He's a VERY good D3 (AA type) and his starting numbers are all pretty high but he's basically 60-70 in everything. Great D3 player, solid D2 SF, not a D1 player.
6/11/2016 10:13 AM
Trenton, He does start at 653... Have you seen a D3 player start that high unless he is a senior or a junior? To me, it does not work.
6/11/2016 11:04 AM
In this case, it was because no D2 or D1 teams went after him. If he was a very good player, this would have happened and he would not have signed with a D3 team. Seble has also increased the value of prestige since this happened to make it even more unlikely, though it would still be possible if no D2 or D12 teams put in much effort.

I really like the new system a lot. I relish a new challenge, and a lot of thought has been put into it. And adjustments are being made. There are a ton of really good coaches testing it, and Seble is listening to comments and making adjustments in many cases.

I am still figuring out a good strategy. My first go around did not turn out as well as I had hoped so far, although I did land a nice player for a C prestige - a 2 star guy. However, I am wondering to myself if I should have gone for a slightly better player and went all out for him.
6/11/2016 11:09 AM
1)the change to prestige happened before he was signed.
2) I don't understand why the ability to sign guys this good at lower levels doesn't bother more people. It seems that the consequences of having efficient 30 ppg guys at lower levels will kill a great deal of competitiveness at d2 and d3. Recruiting seems to work fairly well at d1 (when recruits sign needs tweaking) but at d2 and d3 this is a disaster that will drive new users away.
6/11/2016 11:17 AM
The D3 kid should have gone to JUCO 100% of the time before accepting a D3 offer.

Are we not going to have JUCO kids anymore?
6/11/2016 11:37 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 6/11/2016 11:17:00 AM (view original):
2) I don't understand why the ability to sign guys this good at lower levels doesn't bother more people. It seems that the consequences of having efficient 30 ppg guys at lower levels will kill a great deal of competitiveness at d2 and d3. Recruiting seems to work fairly well at d1 (when recruits sign needs tweaking) but at d2 and d3 this is a disaster that will drive new users away.
Because he isn't an efficient 30 ppt player.
6/11/2016 11:40 AM
+1
6/11/2016 11:42 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/11/2016 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Because he isn't an efficient 30 ppt player.
Many of these guys will be.
6/11/2016 11:50 AM
I have no issue with a D-3 team getting a ranked recruit, especially if he isn't being pursued by a D-1 or D-2 team
6/11/2016 11:57 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 6/11/2016 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I have no issue with a D-3 team getting a ranked recruit, especially if he isn't being pursued by a D-1 or D-2 team
I would claim it is obviously unrealistic, but I dont think realism should be the sole goal in this game. However, I do not think a ranked Div 1 recruit should jump at the first offer, and that from a bad Div 3 team. The recruiting cycle is not over yet, I am assuming that there are coaches still with cash for both scouting (which is still open) and recruiting.

Seble preaches have back ups in mind...well there went one out the window.
6/11/2016 12:03 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...12 Next ▸
The death of hoops dynasty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.