This email is to inform you that the signup period for WhatIfSports Hoops Dynasty World 9, Season 33 has concluded and the official recruiting period will begin shortly. In addition, you may start scheduling exhibition games once recruiting begins:
As the head coach of Carthage College, you will be able to recruit from 12/13/2010 6:01:00 PM until 12/17/2010 11:59:00 PM.
1. Start low and then once you get the hang of recruiting you can try for higher rated kids (crawl before you walk)
2. Always start with kids closer to your campus (especially in DIII) - it's much much cheaper. The farther away, the more expensive it is. A kid that's within 100 miles away costs $250 to go watch play while other recruits may cost $1500 for 1 evaluation visit. That kind of spending may fly in DI, but not in DIII.
3. When searching, do not search for Top 25, Top 50, etc. when you are in DIII - that will always return kids that are rated in the Top 25 NATIONALLY
4. Never spend high dollars on recruits unless you are confident the recruit is interested in your program - save the campus visits until you are sure they are on board
5. Even more importantly with home visits - there may be situations where you spend for a home visit and the recruit blows you off - you will NOT get your money back in that situation
6. If there is already a school on the recruits considering list, plan on spending at least double what you would spend if the kid is 'undecided' - you could get into a recruiting war with another school
7. If the recruit is considering a school in a higher division, e.g. DII or DI - move on, you'll have very little shot or try to wait it out - some higher level schools will contact lower level recruits as 'backups' in case their primary targets don't sign
8. If a recruit is considering more than 1 school, he may tell you he's on board or that he's 100% committed to your school, but he's doing that to keep both parties interested to see the best offer he can get
9. Never let your budget fall below $100 - otherwise you can't even offer scholarships
10. Be patient - there is a reason the recruiting period is 5 days long, don't blow all of your money in the first 2 days - take your time and let the recruits tell you what they want