Hierarchy of FSS messages? Topic

I've seen several different messages that indicate you're leading for a player.

One is "Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at <school>"

Another is "He's a strong lean towards playing at <school>"

Then of course there's the rest of the messages, like   "<school> is the early frontrunner but the family tells us he's not sold."

and the ubiquitous " Some attention from <school>, but he's keeping his options wide open."

Is there a document somewhere that shows the relative certainty of each message in terms of actually landing a player?  It could really help me right now as I think I'm winning a battle with another school (I got the 'definite lean" message)  but I want to be sure.

2/17/2011 6:33 PM
I would like to know the answer to this question too.
Here are some of the messages I have seen and the order I think they would go in.
Does anyone else know if this would be the correct order from most solid to least solid? Did I miss any Messages?

Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Seems *very* solid on Nevada.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Liberty seems to be *very* tight with him, according to our sources.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Our insiders say that he's a very high priority for Georgia.

Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: E. Illinois seems to be the favorite - right now.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Indiana likes him, but he may not be a priority for them.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: He's definitely leaning towards Idaho, but sources tell us he's not 100% sold.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: St. Anselm is the early frontrunner but the family tells us he's not sold.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Had some attention from Rutgers but our sources say he's very open to other offers.

'Word on the Street' as of 5/25 2:11 pm EDT: Some attention from Virginia St., but he's keeping his options wide open.

5/25/2012 6:34 PM
switch idaho and indiana?
5/25/2012 6:45 PM
A veteran will correct me if I am incorrect but my understanding is that Word on the Street is fairly accurate but by no means should be the only thing you look at.  Scholarship message is always number 1 to gauge where you are.  I always check Word on the Street to see if SIMs are pouring a lot of money or just enough in to a recruit.  The "solid" messages always seem to me that the school has a good amount of money poured in.  The "Favorite right now, not 100% sold, etc." messages show that the recruit can be taken if youre willing to put in a little money.  That has never steered me wrong.

The one thing I have noticed is that it seems to be behind sometimes.  It will say that this certain school is a frontrunner but that school may not even be on the considering list.  Since it is so inconsistent, I only use it to see if he is Solid with someone as to determine whether I am going to jump in or not.

Could be entirely wrong but that is how I use it.
5/25/2012 7:28 PM
WC,

It is accurate, but it only updates 2x per day.     

5/25/2012 8:12 PM
there are categories of these messages... heavily considering, and not. the first 3 messages mean heavily considering, and should be considered identical. the last 6 all mean, not heavily considering. at least, that seems to be the consensus. i have seen the messages swap around randomly and definitely agree there are categories. however, with clearly 3 messages in the first category, it begs the question, are there 3 categories? probably not, because im assuming some of the coaches who posted checked (and they were very good sources), but it does make me want to check for myself.
5/25/2012 8:16 PM
That makes sense Gillespie. I kind of think the middle 3 may be a category, and the top 3 are one and the bottom 3 are one. But I have no evidence to back this up, other than a hunch, since the middle 3 all imply that he is more committed than being "Not sold" or "very open". The one above the bottom 3 implies he's kind of sold, but not 100% sold.
5/25/2012 10:56 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/25/2012 8:16:00 PM (view original):
there are categories of these messages... heavily considering, and not. the first 3 messages mean heavily considering, and should be considered identical. the last 6 all mean, not heavily considering. at least, that seems to be the consensus. i have seen the messages swap around randomly and definitely agree there are categories. however, with clearly 3 messages in the first category, it begs the question, are there 3 categories? probably not, because im assuming some of the coaches who posted checked (and they were very good sources), but it does make me want to check for myself.
billyg is exactly right -- it's just two categories, meant to confirm whether a school is tight with a kid or not.
5/26/2012 6:05 AM
Hierarchy of FSS messages? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.