Well This Is Interesting Topic

Just started recruiting in Tark yesterday and was sending out some calls to coaches trying to find out the Offenses and Defenses of some players as I was thinking about redshirting a Freshman with high potentials.  Came across something that I don't believe I've ever seen in all my seasons of playing HD.

Now before I get into this, please remember that I'm at A+ prestige Duke, okay?  Anyway, as I said, I'm calling coaches trying to find out different players O's and D's when I get these three responses (I'm not naming the player for obvious reasons):

(1)  I know my players pretty well and if I were you I wouldn't plan on XXXX wearing your colors next season.
(2)  I've talked to alot of coaches about XXXX and I don't think Duke is in their league.  I'd move on if I were you.
(3)  I'm just trying to be courteous so don't take this the wrong way--He doesn't even know who you are.  May want to move on.

Again, I'm at A+ prestige Duke and this is a TWO STAR player, mind you.  Right now I've got two five stars considering me, along with another four star.  My returning players consist of four five stars, two four stars, a three star, and a two star.  And I'm not in this kid's league?  He's never heard of my school?  Seriously? 

I'm hoping that this is just some sort of glitch with this particular player.  I've sent a ticket to CS asking them to look into the matter, because goodness, that is just flat out ludicrous and/or ridiculous.  Has anyone else at high D1, with a high prestige, ran into anything like this?  I'm VERY interested to see what CS' response is, because if an A+ prestige D1 school can get these three messages from a two star player, I would think that something in the recruit generation is very, very wrong.
7/11/2011 3:36 AM
Maybe his childhood favorite was UNC.
7/11/2011 4:01 AM
The real kick in the groin is that my A+ prestige team is "not in his league", yet he's currently considering a C prestige team as I type this.......
7/11/2011 7:17 AM (edited)
Absolutely has to be a glitch.
7/11/2011 7:17 AM
OK, those are 3 calls to the coach directly, have you had any contact or recruiting effort put into the player at all?  Those 3 messages to me just make me think that you have not done enough to get the player interested yet, and even though you are A+ Duke, you still have to put some recruiting effort into a kid to get him to think about you, especially if you are thinking to redshirt him and he is already considering another school who may have put in tons of money.  If those responses were from the player himself saying you are nothing but a back-up plan to him then something would be wrong, but the coach response I think is just saying you haven't reached the to be considered level.. 
7/11/2011 8:05 AM
i had something similiar happen to me in Tark as well.  As an A+ prestige team I had a recruit reject my home visits. 
7/11/2011 8:54 AM
Someone else is probably recruiting the same player and dumped a ton more money into that player than you did.  Its not a glitch, its simply the manner in which they tell you the player is currently not interested. 
7/11/2011 9:17 AM
@thrill, those are the 'you can't pull this guy down' messages not 'you need to put in a little more effort' messages
7/11/2011 9:18 AM
I think this should be tied to the entire "On my D3 list but rejecting my efforts" train of thought- these two have to be connected somehow.

And if the anwser simply is "Some players don't like some teams"- fine.  Tell us that and we'll adjust.
7/11/2011 10:35 AM
Posted by thethrill10 on 7/11/2011 8:05:00 AM (view original):
OK, those are 3 calls to the coach directly, have you had any contact or recruiting effort put into the player at all?  Those 3 messages to me just make me think that you have not done enough to get the player interested yet, and even though you are A+ Duke, you still have to put some recruiting effort into a kid to get him to think about you, especially if you are thinking to redshirt him and he is already considering another school who may have put in tons of money.  If those responses were from the player himself saying you are nothing but a back-up plan to him then something would be wrong, but the coach response I think is just saying you haven't reached the to be considered level.. 
You couldn't be more off base.
7/11/2011 10:35 AM
Posted by mmt0315 on 7/11/2011 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Someone else is probably recruiting the same player and dumped a ton more money into that player than you did.  Its not a glitch, its simply the manner in which they tell you the player is currently not interested. 

Read 'em again MMT, those responses are indicative of a player who would NEVER be able to be recruited.

7/11/2011 10:36 AM
Still waiting on CS' response, by the way.
7/11/2011 10:39 AM
they will respond when its to late and it will do no good as usual
7/11/2011 10:46 AM
That's what I'm afraid of Brian.  I can definitely live without getting this player, but I'm really interested in what the response will be.  I'm hoping Seble is the one to answer it and not a first line rep with little understanding of the game or situation.
7/11/2011 11:02 AM
Emy --- I think you have no chance given the circumstances (Im guessing youve put forth minimal effort and the recruit is currently considering another top level school??). Im sure if you went heavy, the responses would change.
7/11/2011 11:34 AM
123456 Next ▸
Well This Is Interesting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.