Is homecourt advantages capped at A+? Or does it work like prestige and you can have a higher A+...
3/13/2012 5:55 PM
bump
1/28/2013 11:01 AM
I've always been under the impression that anything designated with letter grades actually represents a number for effective purposes. So, for example, A+ might mean anywhere from 95 to 100 on a scale where 100 is best.

In fact, I think WIS should remove the letter grades and show us the actual numbers. Remove the ambiguity and replace it with more knowledge of what is really going on.

I also think WIS should show us full player ratings rather than just integer values. If they improve in fractions, show us the fractions. I know it creates a lot of decimal points and more work, but show us what's going on.

Sorry, sidetrack. Anyway I think the values can be different when the letter shows as the same because I think the letter represents a number value.

1/28/2013 11:16 AM
dw - i think its capped at 100. its just too easy to get an A+, there would be d1 teams like A++++ and you'd never beat them at home - but, those teams lose, so i have to believe its capped at 100

i guess i mean kev -, didnt realize dw posted this a year ago...
1/28/2013 11:26 AM (edited)
I guess I was wondering what would be the quickest way to improve hc rating? All home games or away games? Right now in TArk I have the project that is Cal-Berkeley. And winning conference games is very difficult especially when my hc is a D- . What would be my best plan to raise th hc?
1/29/2013 9:34 AM
I would also like to hear theories on how home court advantage is raised (other than simply by winning games, getting into post season play, or winning in post season play).
1/29/2013 9:40 AM
Posted by kevb on 1/29/2013 9:34:00 AM (view original):
I guess I was wondering what would be the quickest way to improve hc rating? All home games or away games? Right now in TArk I have the project that is Cal-Berkeley. And winning conference games is very difficult especially when my hc is a D- . What would be my best plan to raise th hc?
win at least 9 games each non conf, thats your best bet. home/away might make a slight difference, i cant recall if they did, but you are in a conf where you are going to take a lot of home losses - you need to buffer those with road wins. the low end BCS scheduling formula is fairly simple, if your team is good enough to beat 9+/10 mediocre sims/humans on the road, do it. if you cant, play shittier teams, or play at home - you HAVE to get the wins. and secondly, you WANT to get the road wins, to buffer yourself in conference. remember that a sim (or human) with a decent record, **** rpi, is much better than a sim (or human) with a decent rpi, and a **** record.
1/29/2013 11:07 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/29/2013 9:40:00 AM (view original):
I would also like to hear theories on how home court advantage is raised (other than simply by winning games, getting into post season play, or winning in post season play).
i think its ONLY by winning games. im not sure if its regular season only or what, been too long since HCA was discussed, i cant remember.
1/29/2013 11:07 AM
Posted by coach_billyg on 1/29/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kevb on 1/29/2013 9:34:00 AM (view original):
win at least 9 games each non conf, thats your best bet. home/away might make a slight difference, i cant recall if they did, but you are in a conf where you are going to take a lot of home losses - you need to buffer those with road wins. the low end BCS scheduling formula is fairly simple, if your team is good enough to beat 9+/10 mediocre sims/humans on the road, do it. if you cant, play shittier teams, or play at home - you HAVE to get the wins. and secondly, you WANT to get the road wins, to buffer yourself in conference. remember that a sim (or human) with a decent record, **** rpi, is much better than a sim (or human) with a decent rpi, and a **** record.
Thank gil... I should probably look to play **** teams in non-conference since my team is ****. Just did not want to play away games if it does not help HCA as much as home games. We are just taking beating after beating in conference play.
1/29/2013 4:26 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.