Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. coach_billyg, it took me awhile, but I did read all of yours that you PMed me
. I've been pretty busy the past several days (no baby yet though), so I haven't had much of a chance to respond. Here are some changes that I'm planning on making in the short term.
1. Checkboxes for position filter instead of a dropdown. That way, you can look at several different positions at the same time instead of just ALL or a single position.
2. Checkboxes for years of eligibility so that you can filter on that.
3. max() and min() functions in the equations. It's apparent now that my assumption on how people would use the potential "multipliers" was wrong and that they should really be potential "additives". Several people mentioned they want to add the potential additive to the attribute and have it cap out at 100. You'll be able to do something like "min(A+A_P,100)" for that.
4. Have a column for rank and a filter for rank
5. I want to change the way equations work, but want some more feedback on this. In GD, it almost never makes sense to play a player out of position (it did at one time, but then that usefulness was removed), so it never makes sense to share an equation across positions. This is the main reason the equations are set up the way they are now. It sounds like it's the exact opposite in HD. I have two ideas for this
5a) Get rid of equations per position and just have 6 total equations that are shared across all positions. I can also easily set this up to have custom column names for each of these equations.
5b) Have a separate dropdown on the main search to pick which position's equations you want to currently show. The custom column names are possible with this too, but it gets kind of confusing.
Personally, I like 5a better because it's cleaner and less confusing, but I'm afraid that 6 total equations just wouldn't be sufficient. Let me know what you guys think.