I know there is a post listing all of the schools baseline prestige for D1 but I can't find it, could someone link to it or tell me what to search for to find it, thanks guys
6/7/2012 5:25 PM
my guess is that about 1/4 of those baselines listed for the Big 6 conferences are wrong.

For example from the numbers I've looked at the would indicate for the BigEast  Syracuse & UConn are A+,  Cincinnati & Louisville at A-,  Georgetown, Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's, Villanova, West Virginia all equal with a B, and Rutgers a step below at B-.

I'd also guess that the Colonial is a step above the D level programs but still below the MAC.
6/7/2012 8:22 PM (edited)
I know a lot of people use this list, but it seems to have a lot of inaccuracies. I coach Michigan St in Rupp, and we have fallen to a C+, yet the list says MSU has an A+ baseline, and every other A+ baseline I can find has never fallen below B-, so I'm thinking MSU is really an A or even A-... does anyone have a more accurate version of this list?
5/23/2013 6:39 AM
I am kinda disapointed to learn that Georgetown is lower than I thought. I took the job mainly because I thought it had a better baseline prestige but now that people are telling me thats not the case im a little frustrated. I wish the list could be more accurate.
5/23/2013 7:57 AM
weren't these taken from when new worlds opened up? How inaccurate could they be?
5/23/2013 10:20 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 5/23/2013 6:39:00 AM (view original):
I know a lot of people use this list, but it seems to have a lot of inaccuracies. I coach Michigan St in Rupp, and we have fallen to a C+, yet the list says MSU has an A+ baseline, and every other A+ baseline I can find has never fallen below B-, so I'm thinking MSU is really an A or even A-... does anyone have a more accurate version of this list?
I've coached over 40 seasons at Michigan St. in Phelan, and I have not seen anything that leads me to believe that they are anything other than an A+. I could see them maybe being an A, but definitely not an A-. I know B- was the lowest an A+ school was believed to be able to drop to before they lessened the effect of baseline prestige, but what about since that change was made? Maybe now it's possible for an A+ to drop to a C+? And the Big 10 in Rupp looks to be a little on the weaker side (from my quick look), so that isn't helping, either.
5/23/2013 10:58 AM
Posted by professor17 on 5/23/2013 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 5/23/2013 6:39:00 AM (view original):
I've coached over 40 seasons at Michigan St. in Phelan, and I have not seen anything that leads me to believe that they are anything other than an A+. I could see them maybe being an A, but definitely not an A-. I know B- was the lowest an A+ school was believed to be able to drop to before they lessened the effect of baseline prestige, but what about since that change was made? Maybe now it's possible for an A+ to drop to a C+? And the Big 10 in Rupp looks to be a little on the weaker side (from my quick look), so that isn't helping, either.
I was simply going off the A+ not getting to C+ idea, hadn't thought about if that change might have made it possible. I do hope you are right :)
5/23/2013 11:20 AM
Posted by jetwildcat on 5/23/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
weren't these taken from when new worlds opened up? How inaccurate could they be?
There are differing grades for that season across the worlds
5/23/2013 7:56 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.