Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

Posted by colonels19 on 8/1/2012 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cornfused on 7/31/2012 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Hey look, our first test of what gets you banned from WiS or suspended or whatever!

Here's a SG considering Maryland and Syracuse.

And, well... presented without further comment:

Just my thoughts...cimmy426 shouldn't be sharing information with viperhoops about who he's recruiting, looks like cimmy may have somehow crossed viperhoops and this was his retaliation.

And is this really that bad?  He said something that can't necessarily be proven to be true, and if you're dumb/smart enough to believe that statement, then that's the risk you take to get in on the action.

Again it seems that perhaps cimmy should learn to keep his mouth shut about his recruiting, because how would viperhoops know about it otherwise?  Where's the penalty for cimmy for  table talk as well?

Viper's post is basically hearsay, there's no proof/evidence of his claim.

Fake lawyer superfail.
8/1/2012 10:47 AM
Colonels, you're being an idiot.  Viper knows about cimmy's recruiting because viper is fighting cimmy for a recruit and losing despite spending a lot of money.  Viper knows who else cimmy is recruiting because HD teams have something called a "considering list".  And you're being an idiot.
8/1/2012 11:29 AM
I can't imagine how someone could draw the conclusion that cimmy and viper were somehow in cahoots from that coaches corner exchange. 
8/1/2012 11:32 AM
But whats the big deal about him saying what he did if he found out that "information" through legitimate means? If i read a post like that i would have blown it off almost immediately, whether it was true or not.
8/1/2012 11:38 AM
It's specifically prohibited in the Terms of f**king Service!
8/1/2012 12:07 PM
You don't see anything wrong with suggesting to another conference mate that he go after a school that the suggesting coach is in a battle with?
8/1/2012 12:15 PM
You guys are such squares!  You just don't get it.

Cool cats like colonels just have a different approach to life.  I feel sorry for those of you that aren't enlightened.  He zigs while all you squares zag.

Don't ever change, colonels.  Always be different/contrarian just for the sake of it.  Don't ever, ever change.
8/1/2012 12:20 PM
7/31/2012 1:05 AM cornfused
I'd like to report collusion in the ACC-Allen. Please check the coaches' corner.
7/31/2012 4:35 PM Customer Support
Thanks for the note. We're aware of this collusion and have handled the matter.
7/31/2012 5:42 PM cornfused
How? This is one of the most blatant examples of ToS violation, especially since the ToS were changed. A public announcement of the penalty, particularly from seble, would be greatly appreciated.

After all (as you can see on the forums), this is an area where everyone's still trying to figure out what's legal... but everyone agrees that viper was breaking the rules.
7/31/2012 6:21 PM Customer Support
Sorry but we do not discuss how we handle these matters. We can tell you that the potential punishments for violating the Fair Play Guidelines are posted in the guidelines.
8/1/2012 11:30 AM cornfused
So he was warned? No punishment for blatant cheating that resulted in Syracuse losing two recruits to ACC schools?
8/1/2012 12:09 PM Customer Support
As stated, we do not discuss how we handle these matters.
8/1/2012 12:28 PM
This really is bs. aporter's excuse might be legitimate (who knows) but NCSU going after Syracuse looks very shady at this point. Even if he planned to poach anyway, he shouldn't have done it just to err on the side of caution. 
8/1/2012 12:38 PM
So...1st offense, slap on the wrist?
8/1/2012 12:55 PM
A buddy with a team in Crum reported something significantly worse than this during last recruiting and the coach got off with a warning. So I'm guessing that's what viper got.

Tianyi, I don't think you can fault any team for going after someone ... again, it was pretty obvious that Cuse's guys were vulnerable.
8/1/2012 1:13 PM
Yeah, in schwab's defense, he's a pretty astute fellow.  I'd gather he had an idea about poaching Syracuse way before viper ever made his post. 
8/1/2012 1:30 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 8/1/2012 12:38:00 PM (view original):
This really is bs. aporter's excuse might be legitimate (who knows) but NCSU going after Syracuse looks very shady at this point. Even if he planned to poach anyway, he shouldn't have done it just to err on the side of caution. 
so now to defend from poaching I just need to get someone to tell people publicly to poach me and that makes me immune? It can't work that way tianyi...
8/1/2012 1:43 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 8/1/2012 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tianyi7886 on 8/1/2012 12:38:00 PM (view original):
so now to defend from poaching I just need to get someone to tell people publicly to poach me and that makes me immune? It can't work that way tianyi...
The question is where do you draw the line? Maybe he was aware of Syracuse's guy being vulnerable, maybe he wasn't. But if someone posted publicly telling me coach X's players are vulnerable, I would probably not jump on coach X just to avoid being entangled in the mess. If the defense of "well, everyone/I was aware of coach X being weak way before someone told me" holds, then we might as well just be able to share whatever we want on CC/sitemail. There is no way to disprove what someone "already knows."

I personally would err on the side of caution in this kind of situation, especially if I'm in the ACC Allen where simply maintaining the status quo means I'm way ahead of everyone else in recruiting. Why jeopardize the sweet situation that I'm already in?

But back on topic, WIS's response to viper's post is ridiculous. They should have come out and posted something on ACC's message board, along with the punishment for viper, just like they did a few month's ago when a D1 conference was openly discussing which recruits to go after. 
8/1/2012 2:15 PM (edited)
if this conference wasn't the king of collusion during recruiting, Maryland would have been open to having any additonal recruits of his snatched as well.  Although I think he only had the one recruit on his consider list.

How many inter-conference recruiting battles has the ACC had in the past 10 seasons?  1?  2? 
8/1/2012 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.