I'm looking to possibly run a HCP/mTm this season and was looking for insight on what to expect. Could a HCP get me an avg of 2 to 3 more TO's a game vs my regular mTm or would there really not be much difference?
8/9/2012 6:21 PM
You really should get more turnovers but you're going to have to watch out for your stamina.  I've been considering trying a hybrid as well, but I get frightened when I try to figure out how to allocate minutes between IQ and skills.
8/9/2012 7:37 PM
Occasionally against teams with very poor BH/P or who totally outclass me I'll have my zone teams play HCP/Zone without every practicing the press.  It doesn't seem to hurt much, the TOs do seem to outweigh the fouls most of the time even with no IQ.  Hard to factor in possible easier buckets, though...
8/9/2012 7:49 PM
Right now my allocation looks like this: 20 motion 20 mTm 15 press. I would like to be as efficient as possible running the hybrid, but I am a but uneasy with my players physical development with this allocation.
8/9/2012 8:03 PM
My personal opinion is that hybrid defenses are a waste of valuable practice minutes unless you are at one of the high level D1 schools.  At D3, D2, and lower level D1, those extra practice minutes are much, much more valuable being put towards individual player improvement.  But, again, that's just one person's opinion.
8/9/2012 8:08 PM
Paging barretchap...
8/9/2012 8:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I like discussions between people who know what they're talking about and disagree.
8/9/2012 9:56 PM (edited)
Posted by llamanunts on 8/9/2012 9:56:00 PM (view original):
I like discussions between people who know what they're talking about and disagree.
Fair enough.  If Barret wants to come on here and post, we can discuss the virtues of a hybrid defense versus a single defense.  As I said, to each his own.  Neither is right and neither is wrong, just personal preference for each coach.
8/9/2012 10:08 PM
Cool, man. Wasn't trying to diss you.
8/9/2012 10:14 PM
Have you attempted to run hybrid in the past emy?
8/9/2012 10:42 PM
I did with a couple of teams and didn't see any benefit from it, so I let it go. 
8/10/2012 3:27 AM
well it would be cool if there is a coach out there who has successfully run a hybrid d so I can get another prospective on this. As of now I am swaying towards emy as the minutes needed for IQ seem too great a sacrifice for the hopeful benefits of the press.
8/10/2012 8:54 AM
Posted by llamanunts on 8/9/2012 8:20:00 PM (view original):
Paging barretchap...
/ducks
8/10/2012 9:24 AM
Posted by rednation58 on 8/10/2012 8:54:00 AM (view original):
well it would be cool if there is a coach out there who has successfully run a hybrid d so I can get another prospective on this. As of now I am swaying towards emy as the minutes needed for IQ seem too great a sacrifice for the hopeful benefits of the press.
Red, there have been some coaches that have successfully run hybrid defenses, don't get me wrong.  Like I said, it's just my personal preference to use the minutes towards maxing out player ratings and maxing out one defense.  If a coach can allocate his minutes effectively enough to max his players and max two defenses, then I would say to use the hybrid for sure.  But again, to each his own. 
8/10/2012 11:45 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.