Scholarship messages Topic

The original message is ahead.
7/22/2013 11:54 AM
That explains everything then, thanks guys.  
7/22/2013 12:17 PM
Tarvolon, I got this message at 11PM - "Coach, you've sold me, but another school is doing a great job of selling their program too. I just can't decide yet."  Checked it out, but didn't see it listed, and figured, well I'll just find out one way or another, lol - anyhow, kid signed the next cycle (2 AM) - PS. Was a 3 way battle
7/24/2013 2:56 AM (edited)
Does anyone know about this one: Coach, I just can't say yes right now...I'm still supposed to take a campus visit of another school. I should know more after that.

Got this a few cycles ago. Anyone know?
8/23/2013 8:16 PM
Is that the same message as #9 from my original post? If so, we've had a couple people say they got it and then lost the next cycle, so I'd assume behind, although it seems like a very close behind. 
8/23/2013 11:03 PM
Coach, I'm really on the fence right now - you've said everything I needed to hear, but so has another school. I can definitely see myself playing for you next year. I just can't decide yet.

this variant is not yet on the list - any guesses? i have mine but am curious what others think...

9/4/2013 8:35 PM
They might as well just come out and say "Thanks for being on me the entire recruiting cycle, but an A+ prestige just reached out to me in the last minute so all the money you spent on me means nothing.  Good luck" haha

I hate D1 recruiting sometimes.

9/5/2013 7:22 AM
Posted by hogstench on 7/24/2013 2:56:00 AM (view original):
Tarvolon, I got this message at 11PM - "Coach, you've sold me, but another school is doing a great job of selling their program too. I just can't decide yet."  Checked it out, but didn't see it listed, and figured, well I'll just find out one way or another, lol - anyhow, kid signed the next cycle (2 AM) - PS. Was a 3 way battle
That's ahead.

I got that one, thought it was behind, pumped a ton more money into the guy, then the FSS switched to me being ahead without a new scholarship message, and then he signed a few cycles later.
10/24/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by Storm69 on 9/4/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Coach, I'm really on the fence right now - you've said everything I needed to hear, but so has another school. I can definitely see myself playing for you next year. I just can't decide yet.

this variant is not yet on the list - any guesses? i have mine but am curious what others think...

This is ahead.  
10/24/2013 1:21 PM
Coach, I really appreciate you having enough faith in me to extend me a scholarship offer. I hope that you have enough faith to wait for me to visit some other schools - they really have made their programs sound great and to be honest, I need much more information before I can tell you yes or no.
10/26/2013 5:15 AM
That seems like a really common message for me to have not written it down at some point. Looks like behind, right? 
10/26/2013 11:24 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 10/26/2013 11:24:00 AM (view original):
That seems like a really common message for me to have not written it down at some point. Looks like behind, right? 
I believe it is. After posting this I got the same response from a different player when I attempted to get myself on his list with another school - got this response without even getting listed, so I'm guessing that means clearly behind.
10/26/2013 3:53 PM
yeah its definitely behind
10/26/2013 4:08 PM
Posted by phalla on 7/21/2013 5:44:00 AM (view original):
Battling a sim, I got the #4 message- "It would be an honor to play for Emory, but I'd be honored to play for a couple of other schools too. I'm sorry I just need more time."

I assumed this message meant I was still behind. Had only 35 dollars left.

Next cycle sent promised starts (10) and a letter (15).  Promised starts were accepted, but I got no new scholarship message. Assumption- still behind.

Next cycle spent last 10 dollars on 20 minutes guaranteed. Got no response, Did not get a new scholarship message. Out of money, and figured i was going to lose, did not even check back in for a day and a half.

And here is what I found;

Six cycles after my last recruiting effort, and the cycle before signings started, I got a new scholarship message ... I was ahead! ANd 7 cycles later he signed with us.

I would conclude a few things;

a) message #4 may not be a confirmation of either being behind or ahead ... but only that is very close. Could still be a behind message. I did do the promised start and a letter after receiving the message. If it is a barely behind message then ...

b) there must a margin you need to be ahead by (at least before signings start) to get the ahead message next cycle (as I obviously had moved ahead but recieved no ahead message until 6 cycles later).

c) That at sometime (appears to be the cycle before signings start), someone must be declared ahead no matter how close it is (like the chads have been counted).
your conclusions aren't necessarily valid. There is the possibility that the other coach had promised a start and./or just wanted to redshirt the player and informed of redshirt in that last cycle before signings, and the resultant negative effort was enough to put you in the lead...the cycle before signings is a pretty common  time to try to remove any promises if that's the plan.
11/8/2013 3:28 PM
Dac-phalla was battling a sim in his example.
11/9/2013 11:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Scholarship messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.