Forensic analysis requested Topic

I can't determine what I did wrong down the stretch with my Valdosta State team in Knight. We went from being (over)ranked in the top 10 and at one point a potential 1 or 2 seed to now where we will likely miss the NT altogether. I lost Chandler to grades mid-season. Some of you folks seem to be good at figuring out this stuff. I'm looking for advice/opinions on what went wrong/what I'm doing wrong. 

Thanks for taking a look. 
10/7/2012 3:36 AM
Just taking a quick look this jumped out at me:

1.   No backup SF
2.  Little outside shooting (did you see a lot of -3's)
3. Poor inside defense
4. Lack of athleticism in bigs
10/7/2012 9:11 AM
#2. The ct loss is puzzling, but in the other losses the opposing defenses ended up almost universally minus, often heavily so. Didn't even clear ten percent of shots in threes; made it rather easy to make the decision to just play a minus defense and - while I didn't due to being a press team, I imagine also made double teaming decisions much easier. Look at the other ranked teams in conference - most averaged somewhere between 15% and 25% of shots as threes, which is enough to keep opponents honest. Look up and down the top 25; to the last team it's more than 15% threes, usually more than twenty percent. Unless you are just utterly overwhelming elsewhere, you just can't afford to leave the perimeter game behind.
10/7/2012 10:51 AM (edited)
You also had the misfortune of having three really good teams in your division.
10/7/2012 2:21 PM
Posted by pjbrankin on 10/7/2012 2:21:00 PM (view original):
You also had the misfortune of having three really good teams in your division.
I don't mind the losses to the good teams. Its the losses to Lincoln, OPSU and the real killer St Edward's in the CT that are crushing my morale. No offense to those coaches, but my squad should have been way better than those...
10/7/2012 5:12 PM
Cheerleaders were fugly...
10/9/2012 10:22 AM
Posted by ldhmnh on 10/9/2012 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Cheerleaders were fugly...
you mean my daughters?
10/9/2012 12:28 PM
Forensic analysis requested Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.