The Case of the Vanishing Coach Topic

A longtime coach in my conference recently vanished from his position.  He was there at the beginning of the season.  I know this because we both recruited the same guy and later commented on it in the CC.  Suddenly... "poof"...two games into the season he disappears.  His team is now SIM.  I'm not sure if he had teams in other worlds but if he did, he's no longer coaching them.  Did he break a rule and get busted by WIS?  Maybe he requested to be removed from his account?  Anyone seen this?
10/7/2012 8:36 PM
I've seen it happen before. Several things are possible. The most common are he was asked to be removed from the team because he was being courteous to all coaches instead of allowing it to ghost. There is always the possibility of cheating, which will sometimes result in expulsion of the sort.

Do you mind revealing the username?
10/7/2012 9:35 PM
It would be most helpful to reveal the username.
10/8/2012 8:20 AM
Did his recruiting fall apart?  You said you were battling for a recruit with him - did you win the battle?  Did he sign anyone?

Recruiting can be one of the most frustrating parts of this game... he could have lost a couple battles and decided he was done, emailed CS and called it quits.
10/8/2012 10:47 AM
princep01   

On one hand I should be happy he's gone cause he always blocked my recruiting efforts in West Texas. ;)  On the other hand, he was a solid coach and seemed like a decent guy so it always sucks to lose somebody like that.
10/8/2012 10:48 AM
Posted by ryrun on 10/8/2012 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Did his recruiting fall apart?  You said you were battling for a recruit with him - did you win the battle?  Did he sign anyone?

Recruiting can be one of the most frustrating parts of this game... he could have lost a couple battles and decided he was done, emailed CS and called it quits.
We both jumped on the same recruit on the second day.  I backed off immediately and he signed the guy with relative ease.  He had an ok class.  Not his best, but not bad.
10/8/2012 10:51 AM
Texas won't be vacant very long. I decided late last week to come back to HD and was shocked to see a school of Texas" prestige available, so I quickly reserved them for next season. See you and the other big 12 coaches in a few weeks creilmann.
10/8/2012 4:30 PM
It always scares me when it happens.  Mswilso2 had 5 titles and was and active poster and just disappeared without a word. Now kap the cub, who has been here since September 15 2001 is suddenly gone with no posts.  This is a game, but the friendships and people are real, and unfortunately life is too. A long time, well known coach, and my best friend here, just had a major scare.  Luckily is OK, but it shows that if something serious does happen, none of us will likely ever know.  So I always hope it is something as simple as they got tired of the game, and I pray it is nothing worse.
10/8/2012 10:41 PM
I know this feeling too...
10/9/2012 2:14 AM
Posted by 2bounce on 10/8/2012 10:41:00 PM (view original):
It always scares me when it happens.  Mswilso2 had 5 titles and was and active poster and just disappeared without a word. Now kap the cub, who has been here since September 15 2001 is suddenly gone with no posts.  This is a game, but the friendships and people are real, and unfortunately life is too. A long time, well known coach, and my best friend here, just had a major scare.  Luckily is OK, but it shows that if something serious does happen, none of us will likely ever know.  So I always hope it is something as simple as they got tired of the game, and I pray it is nothing worse.
I completely agree...I was surprised to learn that kap had disappeared when I heard it thru the grapevine in one of my worlds. It's pretty amazing the friendships that can be made through a game such as this. 
10/9/2012 2:21 AM
Posted by rednu on 10/9/2012 2:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 2bounce on 10/8/2012 10:41:00 PM (view original):
I completely agree...I was surprised to learn that kap had disappeared when I heard it thru the grapevine in one of my worlds. It's pretty amazing the friendships that can be made through a game such as this. 

+1

10/9/2012 9:29 AM
Maybe they were abducted by Aliens?
10/9/2012 10:06 AM
Yeah I always think about this if someone suddenly diappears.

No one knows each other in real life in most cases. Other than on the internet, we have no contact with one another. So if the worst happens, we're not going to know - all you'll see is no activity.
10/9/2012 10:17 AM
Posted by gjp18 on 10/8/2012 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Texas won't be vacant very long. I decided late last week to come back to HD and was shocked to see a school of Texas" prestige available, so I quickly reserved them for next season. See you and the other big 12 coaches in a few weeks creilmann.
Great to hear gjp.  See you next season.
10/9/2012 4:20 PM
The Case of the Vanishing Coach Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.