For some reason when I go to Hoops Dynasty, my internet explorer will automatically go to the "My team results page" and won't let me navigate....it keeps me on the same page. However, I can go to the baseball or any other parts of whatifsports. When I use firexox it is no problem. How can I get my internet explorer to work on the hoops dynasty. This is the first time this has happened.
11/13/2012 12:29 PM
Have you tried deleting cookies, etc.?? That usually works for me
11/13/2012 12:35 PM
Step 1: Download Google Chrome

Step 2: Delete Internet Explorer

Step 3: Enjoy the Internet
11/13/2012 3:32 PM
I don't use it because it annoys me, but IE is now by far the most secure browser...
11/13/2012 3:34 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/13/2012 3:34:00 PM (view original):
I don't use it because it annoys me, but IE is now by far the most secure browser...
really? why am i not believing you... now admittedly, i know nothing about this new internet explorer. but i DO know two things. 1 - its internet explorer. 2 - microsoft made it.
11/13/2012 5:41 PM
Ever since IE9, Explorer has been a lot more secure than any other browser. Chrome is a healthy distance behind for second, then it's just ridiculous how far behind safari and Firefox are. You may as well just broadcast your information on twitter before purchasing on those two (or any other browser). Chrome, while trailing IE in security, still beats IE10 for usability, tho IE10 on a Win8 environment isn't awful (which is saying a lot for IE).
11/13/2012 6:35 PM
before you purchase ANY browser, i suggest you think about getting it from somewhere else, because they are all free :)

i did a quick check, it sounds like the consensus is IE 9 is a lot better than it was - not saying much - but its far from the most secure browser - not limiting to the big 3. in the big 3, it sounds like some people consider it better, but opinions vary. however, everyone still seems to agree, as long as you are running on windows, it doesnt much matter. any browser off windows beats any browser on windows, and IE 9 simply does not run on most non windows platforms. so i think it is a bit of a stretch to call it the most secure browser, especially considering how much is written to specifically target IE, even though its not the giant it once was (way more people hate MS than google, and rightfully so). IE has always been the most annoying browser with respect to security, so i can only imagine what a nightmare it would be now...
11/13/2012 7:53 PM
He said "purchasing ON those two."
11/13/2012 7:56 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 11/13/2012 7:54:00 PM (view original):
before you purchase ANY browser, i suggest you think about getting it from somewhere else, because they are all free :)

i did a quick check, it sounds like the consensus is IE 9 is a lot better than it was - not saying much - but its far from the most secure browser - not limiting to the big 3. in the big 3, it sounds like some people consider it better, but opinions vary. however, everyone still seems to agree, as long as you are running on windows, it doesnt much matter. any browser off windows beats any browser on windows, and IE 9 simply does not run on most non windows platforms. so i think it is a bit of a stretch to call it the most secure browser, especially considering how much is written to specifically target IE, even though its not the giant it once was (way more people hate MS than google, and rightfully so). IE has always been the most annoying browser with respect to security, so i can only imagine what a nightmare it would be now...
There are quite a few studies that have been done in the past few months that verify IE as the most secure against all types of malware.  I think the basic numbers were IE blocking somewhere around 90%, Chrome 70%, then Firefox and Safari were both <10%... you can Google it (on a browser of your choice) for the exact numbers on all of the different threats, but that's the basic gist from what I remember.

Sure, it's entirely possible that some guy in a basement somewhere wrote a browser that locks everything down, making his browser the most secure, and also the most unusable.

...and yes, as isack stated, I obviously said before purchasing "on" a browser :)  Though I'll gladly write up a quick browser and sell it to some people if the demand is there - pay no attention to the Chrome logo and Google branding...
11/13/2012 8:24 PM
In case you are still having the problem....

I have a similar issue sometimes.... per support at WIS (this has fixed it every time)

Please log out of the site, clear your browser's cookies and cache (or temporary internet files) and then close the browser. Open it back up and log back into the site.
If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

Clear the cookies in your browser.
Firefox: CTRL + SHIFT + DEL --> Check the check box named "Cookies" and "Cache"--> Click OK
IE: Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History --> Delete --> Click "Delete Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files"--> Click OK

Note: In IE8 make sure Preserve Favorites Data is unchecked or it won't remove Whatifsports cookies and cache if you have the site marked as a Favorite.
11/14/2012 12:47 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.