Seriously w/ the firings? Topic

Posted by gvsujulius on 11/14/2012 11:54:00 AM (view original):
It is laughable the last three years I have been to two elite 8's and a final four with my D2 Tampa team and I can't apply for most of the jobs in D1.
is it a loyalty/rep issue? because that resume on its own (no loyalty/rep problems) should get you plenty of jobs.
11/14/2012 12:09 PM
Those two resumes look an awful lot like my resume so far at Seton Hall in Rupp. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to get the school from a D- to even a C- and expect that I eventually will get fired. I don't know about the other major conference jobs discussed above, but why would anyone want to take a major conference program that sucks and is in a tough conference if they know that they will eventually just get fired?

Take my example: I am not a great coach - I admit that. I do this purely for fun and only have one team. Nobody wanted Seton Hall for many many seasons before I took it and nobody will want it if I get fired, so is it better for me to be there and at least help pump up the conference RPI and be semi-competitive versus a SIM that will do neither?  
11/14/2012 12:13 PM
Here is a sample of the schools I am a longshot for with my Tampa resume (A+ reputation/A+ loyalty)

Binghamton (Metro Conf) C Prestige
Toledo (MAC)     C Prestige
Niagra (Metro)     C Prestige
E. Illinois (OVC) C Prestige
California Santa Barbara (Big West) C Prestige
Washington St (PAC 10) C Prestige
Kansas State (Big 12) C- Prestige

But I am qualified for Memphis (CUSA) C- Prestige and some IVY league C prestiges. I would think that my resume at Tampa would allow me to apply for a C- Big 6 school, or at least everything but a big 6 school

11/14/2012 1:14 PM
If you had stayed at D1 you would be qualified for more jobs by now.
11/14/2012 3:21 PM
I left HD for a few years and then came back, apparently that is hurting me pretty bad. I wasn't qualified for any D1 jobs when I came back though so that is why I went to D2. If I stayed at Tampa for a few more years would that change? Would I be eligible for D1 BCS jobs then (C prestige)?
11/14/2012 3:25 PM
I'm eligible for some D1 BCS jobs at Incarnate Word in Crum.

Qualified for K State, USC, Washington, Auburn and longshot for W. Virginia.  Think I was qualified for C+ a couple seasons ago and longshot for a couple B- programs.
11/14/2012 4:07 PM
Yeah, GVSU, the logic gets weird over leaving or dropping a level.
There's actually a loophole in some of the leaving and coming back logic.

and that's WASU Ryrun.... no D2 will ever qualy for Washington's A+ baseline prestige... Budlight would be real sad if you were qualified for his job.
11/14/2012 4:45 PM (edited)
Posted by gvsujulius on 11/14/2012 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Here is a sample of the schools I am a longshot for with my Tampa resume (A+ reputation/A+ loyalty)

Binghamton (Metro Conf) C Prestige
Toledo (MAC)     C Prestige
Niagra (Metro)     C Prestige
E. Illinois (OVC) C Prestige
California Santa Barbara (Big West) C Prestige
Washington St (PAC 10) C Prestige
Kansas State (Big 12) C- Prestige

But I am qualified for Memphis (CUSA) C- Prestige and some IVY league C prestiges. I would think that my resume at Tampa would allow me to apply for a C- Big 6 school, or at least everything but a big 6 school

I think it's pretty generous that you are qualified for Memphis and BCS schools, considering their baseline is B.

Look at my D2 resume in Rupp, I only qualified for C baseline Tulsa after my final season at Catawba:

http://whatifsports.com/hd/CoachProfile/Default.aspx?uid=559129&wid=3

11/14/2012 4:43 PM

I have waited through multiple cycles so Memphis must really be waiting for someone better to apply.

tianyi - I am shocked you were only qualified for Tulsa, have they changed the hiring logic in the past few seasons?

11/14/2012 5:21 PM
ryrun - no offense but how are you qualified for better jobs then I am? I looked at your resume and I am not seeing a difference between our resume's.
11/14/2012 5:22 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 11/14/2012 5:22:00 PM (view original):
ryrun - no offense but how are you qualified for better jobs then I am? I looked at your resume and I am not seeing a difference between our resume's.
His 10 year window is all D2, yours is 6/4 d2/d3. He has a championship game appearance 4 seasons ago, you don't.
11/14/2012 5:29 PM
Mine is 6 years D2 and 4 years D1... not D3. 1 year he missed the postseason altogether and last year he went to the PIT. I thought their was a weight given to the past 3-4 years, I must be incorrect. 
11/14/2012 5:37 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 11/14/2012 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Mine is 6 years D2 and 4 years D1... not D3. 1 year he missed the postseason altogether and last year he went to the PIT. I thought their was a weight given to the past 3-4 years, I must be incorrect. 
It's a 10 season window, with most weight to season 1, descending down to season 10. You are right your other 4 seasons were D1, but they were atrocious and probably didn't help your resume. 
11/14/2012 5:46 PM
◂ Prev 12
Seriously w/ the firings? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.