Scheduling Ettiquette Topic

I requested a non-conference game and was curious how long I should wait until I cancel the request and try another team.  Any opinions?  I don't want to be a jerk by requesting a game and then scheduling someone else instead, but I also don't want to wait too long and end up with the SIM deciding.
11/20/2012 5:48 PM
Not a jerk move to try another team - I'd give it 24 hours, then send another request.  You don't have to cancel the request in order to request for the same slot... the first team who accepts your challenge gets the game, so you can still leave the request pending while you send out others.
11/20/2012 5:51 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 11/20/2012 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I requested a non-conference game and was curious how long I should wait until I cancel the request and try another team.  Any opinions?  I don't want to be a jerk by requesting a game and then scheduling someone else instead, but I also don't want to wait too long and end up with the SIM deciding.
some coaches, like me, totally ignore their inbox and just go to schedule at the end of the season. if someone requests a game to me and i go to fill it a few days or few weeks later and its not there (which, i would never realize, not reading the inbox), i definitely would NOT be offended. so i think you are definitely ok, you may as well schedule a 2nd coach (especially if its towards the end of recruiting - in the end of recruiting people commonly ask multiple opponents for any slots they still have open) for that spot and take whoever accepts first.
11/20/2012 6:14 PM
Got it, thanks.
11/20/2012 6:59 PM

If I issue a challenge during recruiting, I'll cancel it and offer again after recruiting is done. Sometimes the challenges get lost among the recruiting messages.

11/20/2012 8:19 PM
Scheduling Ettiquette Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.