Thoughts on Fastbreak Offense Topic

Is it still as worthless as it was 2 years ago when I last played HD?
12/6/2012 11:34 PM
It can be very successful if ran correctly.  You can also find some different types of players that fit your system better than most.  I've also noticed that point guard play seems to be even more important than in our offenses.
12/6/2012 11:41 PM
Definitely can have success wit it at least in d3.
12/7/2012 1:02 AM (edited)
its not worthless at all - its definitely a step down though, if you play it like any other offense. you need to focus on ath/spd/bh/ft% more and lp/per less, in a relative context (relative to other offenses). it also seems to result in more possessions, which is an extremely attractive proposition to top teams/coaches. i just recently switched to FB on every team i have - to study it more - because i think it has a lot of potential. 
12/7/2012 3:08 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/7/2012 3:08:00 AM (view original):
its not worthless at all - its definitely a step down though, if you play it like any other offense. you need to focus on ath/spd/bh/ft% more and lp/per less, in a relative context (relative to other offenses). it also seems to result in more possessions, which is an extremely attractive proposition to top teams/coaches. i just recently switched to FB on every team i have - to study it more - because i think it has a lot of potential. 
That's what I was thinking as well... Smaller faster team... Maybe more PFs than C's unless those centers are a must get local recruit. My concerns are playing in the bcs confs will I be able to wear down an 800 + rated team (assuming I'm also an 800 plus bcs team).

Thanks for the advice all.

12/7/2012 7:22 AM
Posted by moy23 on 12/7/2012 7:22:00 AM (view original):
That's what I was thinking as well... Smaller faster team... Maybe more PFs than C's unless those centers are a must get local recruit. My concerns are playing in the bcs confs will I be able to wear down an 800 + rated team (assuming I'm also an 800 plus bcs team).

My tex Tyler team has done well with fast break press the last serval years in d3, if you wanted to look at what their larder is stocked with in players.
12/7/2012 8:21 AM
I've found that LP in the guard spot can be extremely successful in the FB.
12/7/2012 10:12 AM

I run fast break/fcp at Rutgers.  My guards and SF average in the 85/85/85 area.   I find that I have a pretty big advantage ATH/SPD/DEF on most teams that I play.   The 25 or so teams that have comparable or better ATH/SPD/DEF usually are better at everything else as well and then I get slaughtered.
12/7/2012 10:18 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/7/2012 10:18:00 AM (view original):

I run fast break/fcp at Rutgers.  My guards and SF average in the 85/85/85 area.   I find that I have a pretty big advantage ATH/SPD/DEF on most teams that I play.   The 25 or so teams that have comparable or better ATH/SPD/DEF usually are better at everything else as well and then I get slaughtered.
That's my concern.... The type of teams I could face deep in the NT
12/7/2012 4:45 PM
I think my lack of NT success is more my inability to recruit as opposed to the offense though.

12/7/2012 4:58 PM
Thoughts on Fastbreak Offense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.