Dear Seble Claus, Topic

Back to the wish list..

I wish that defensive positioning meant SOMETHING............ANYTHING..........in this game.   That you could go +5 vs teams that shot all 3's and actually shut them down or that you could go -5 against team that shoot 0 3's and shut them down.     In summation .........I wish that defense positioning ACTUALLY MATTERED in the game!!!!!!    Because, right now it doesn't mean sh!%
12/14/2012 7:10 AM
Q: What does the defensive positioning setting do?
A: This setting allows you to focus your defense on a particular area of the floor such as tightly guarding the perimeter or packing the lane. Each has it's pros and cons. If you focus too much on the outside, yes, you'll give their outside shooters fits and you'll probably be called for less fouls, but their low post players will have an easier time inside as will players that drive to the hole. You'll also be out of position for many rebounds. On the other hand, if you focus on stopping the inside game, you'll give a good passing team many open outside shots, but you'll have more players in position to rebound and you'll probably be called for more fouls by concentrating your defenders in one area.

REVISED
Q: What does the defensive positioning setting do?
Nothing anymore.    Just set it to 0 and hope for the best.    Recruiting is all that really matters in this game.
12/14/2012 7:25 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/13/2012 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jdno on 12/13/2012 11:17:00 AM (view original):
1. a 5th spot on the depth chart to increase positional flexibility

2. ability to see the next 2 years' recruits at all times to increase recruiting strategy

hell yes to #1, for the love of god and all that is holy, please give us #1!! i know a lot of coaches dont give two ***** but you simply cannot accomidate every situation with 4, and i think you can with 5. i have a totally different way of setting your depth chart in my version of the sim (a work in progress), that is like, a million times better - but i dare not ask for it - i mean obviously, not getting ANYTHING, but i figure if there is a remote chance of getting SOMETHING, better make it simple!
Do you an any ETA on this project??
12/14/2012 10:14 AM
Posted by gillispie on 12/12/2012 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by backboy13 on 12/12/2012 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy108 on 12/12/2012 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM (view original):
the first cycle of recruiting to be longer!!!
No I love short first cycle! But I want them to make a college tourny challenge which should be not that hard to do.
Keep the cycle the same amount, technically, but allow you to put in the actions in advance is what I think billy's going for.
yeah
clearly a good idea, long suggested, long deferred
12/14/2012 12:10 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/14/2012 7:11:00 AM (view original):
Back to the wish list..

I wish that defensive positioning meant SOMETHING............ANYTHING..........in this game.   That you could go +5 vs teams that shot all 3's and actually shut them down or that you could go -5 against team that shoot 0 3's and shut them down.     In summation .........I wish that defense positioning ACTUALLY MATTERED in the game!!!!!!    Because, right now it doesn't mean sh!%
Well, THATS not true ...
12/14/2012 1:29 PM
Dear Santa...I want a stick!

As for seble, improve end-of-game timing and logic issues:

-- Quick shot is entirely too effective. If I could ever utilize this as an offensive set for a complete game, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

-- It is ridiculous that with 4 seconds remaining in a game, a team in quick shot can't take a shot from closer than half court after a made bucket, but  a team running normal speed flex can accomplish the feat and get a jumper from just outside the lane in that same 4 seconds.

-- Time out logic...it drives me nuts the number of times a team ahead by a point or two calls a timeout with seconds to play. Of course, since I don't think I've ever seen an inbounds pass stolen despite all the pressing teams in the HD universe, this might be a moot point.

-- I'd like an option to set lineups specific to "common" late-game situations...a free throw/ball handling  lineup that would ONLY be in with under 'x' minutes to play and my team leading by "this range" of points. An offense-for-defense lineup that could be switched in on dead balls and time outs (possibly making the otherwise ridiculous late-game timeouts semi-more plausible to explain...) under the same conditions...stuff like that. I'm just thinking something like HBD's pinch hitting where you simply rank your roster 1-12 for free throw shooting or defense and when the proper game conditions hit, the top five able to play on that hierarchy enter the game.

12/14/2012 1:30 PM
In season recruiting would be nice, but that's a pipe dream.  The recruiting is too limited, especially now that people have it down to a science basically.  Need to expand it to include more actions to spice things up and add a little more strategy to it... right now it just seems like you see a certain distance (depending on what you think the HV:CV ratio is) and then just load up HV's or CV's.  If another school comes in, you pretty well know before the battle starts who is going to win (in over 90% of the battles I'd guess this is true, especially below high-level D1).  If you could actually use your reputation or if your school had certain selling points to use (that you could choose or earn/lose), things like that would be interesting and just add some depth to the process.

I know most complaints are about player generation and the engine process... but expanding the recruiting process really wouldn't be that difficult and I think it'd make the game a lot more fun as that is the most fun part of the game for a lot of coaches.

</pipe dream rant>
12/14/2012 1:39 PM
Batch recruiting actions (especially coaches calls) from the recruiting summary page. This would help stretch that two-hour first recruiting cycle.
12/14/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 12/14/2012 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Back to the wish list..

Well, THATS not true ...
Do you have any evidence that positioning DOES matter at all?
12/14/2012 4:46 PM
I use it in games, and it seems to have made a difference. Of course, given that you can't compare the same game both with and without ..l
12/14/2012 5:26 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/14/2012 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 12/14/2012 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Back to the wish list..

Well, THATS not true ...
Do you have any evidence that positioning DOES matter at all?
I could be totally wrong about this and this will show my lack of basketball knowledge, but what the hell.  Doesn't positioning matter much less in man defense than say it does in a zone.  In man aren't you playing that man roughly where he is?  if his PG is positioning outside, doesn't your man defender naturally go outside to him?  I'm sure I have an overly simplistic view of man.  I know about help defense and the such, but I have no idea how much *help* defense this engine considers. 

Playing plus sure as hell helped against my team last season

12/14/2012 5:45 PM
Positioning absolutely matters.

12/14/2012 8:13 PM
A few minor cosmetic things that hopefully aren't too far out of reach...

expanded records area for each team (50 or 100 instead of 15 as many of us discussed prior)
SOS in the team history next to RPI
Ability to view every player you've ever recruited.

and

15thing the expanded postseason breakdowns in the coach resume/profile...sweet 16s, and the like

12/14/2012 10:33 PM
Posted by girt25 on 12/14/2012 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Positioning absolutely matters.

+1
12/15/2012 12:13 AM
Breakout and fall back seasons: Very small, random chance that one or more attributes gain or lose a ton of potential while the player is already in college. This happens in real life... someone learns to knock down the 3 over the summer, improves foul shooting, gets a few new post moves, gets fat, forgets the playbook, etc. Would have the effect of making the game more realistic and also less predictable. Even if you just made this change to WE, that by itself would make things more interesting.

12/15/2012 12:21 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Dear Seble Claus, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.