Diminishing Returns O/D Topic

I know there are diminishing returns when it comes to practicing the player attributes, are there also for O/D?

How many minutes would be too much and just be wasting the minutes, how much to maximize growth for IQs?
12/21/2012 5:21 PM
I don't know when you get diminishing returns on IQ minutes but I am also sure it doesn't really matter.  The more minutes you put into IQ, the less minutes you have for individual skills.

I can tell you this.  I have noticed a significant difference when I switch between 15 and 20 minutes of IQ practice.  I also have notice that I RARELY have A+ IQ's even when I use 20 minutes for 4 years in a row.   I have played teams with 3 and 4 A+'s at least reasonably frequently(but almost always in the tournament), so I think 25 minutes for 4 years will get you to A+.

I think it isn't worth it to go above 25 but if there is diminishing returns it is above that threshold.
12/21/2012 5:52 PM
I think diminishing returns is 30+.
12/21/2012 8:39 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/21/2012 5:52:00 PM (view original):
I don't know when you get diminishing returns on IQ minutes but I am also sure it doesn't really matter.  The more minutes you put into IQ, the less minutes you have for individual skills.

I can tell you this.  I have noticed a significant difference when I switch between 15 and 20 minutes of IQ practice.  I also have notice that I RARELY have A+ IQ's even when I use 20 minutes for 4 years in a row.   I have played teams with 3 and 4 A+'s at least reasonably frequently(but almost always in the tournament), so I think 25 minutes for 4 years will get you to A+.

I think it isn't worth it to go above 25 but if there is diminishing returns it is above that threshold.
I don't understand the first sentence. Of course it matters.

Also, I think diminishing returns comes below that threshold. Iguana would likely have the #'s on that.

12/21/2012 9:06 PM
If it is above 30 it doesn't mater BECAUSE it's not worth doing.   If you are pumping 40 minutes of time into IQ, you're losing to much in skill practice.

12/22/2012 9:20 AM
Depends on how your team is built too. A BCS all underclass team with 800+ rated fresh & sophs could use as much off/def as they could get.
12/22/2012 2:51 PM
conventional wisdom has been that diminishing returns kick in somewhere around 25 mins - now it could be that there is a tiny reduction in effectiveness below that level - like maybe minute 25 is worth 0.99999 what minute 24 is worth.  And, I bet that minute 26 is not all that much less valuable than minute 25
12/22/2012 4:52 PM
I'd guess there is a slight diminishing return as low as 15 minutes.

Although it really doesn't amount to much until you reach 20-25+
12/22/2012 5:33 PM
iguana, i thought you showed data that proven diminishing returns kicked in from the beginning. like, if you practice 5m for 2 seasons, you get further than 10m for 1 season.
12/22/2012 9:29 PM
But if there were such data does it control for stuff like minutes played etc?
12/22/2012 11:23 PM
Diminishing Returns O/D Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.