Somebody needs to be fired Topic

There has been next to no movement in Naismith DI this offseason.  There are at least 5 jobs that should have come open due to performance, maybe more.  The way things are set-up now is the only way big jobs come open is if a coach quits.  I think we may actually see more of that too, after a certain number of years some coaches like to move on, but with the current system there is nowhere to move to, so when you get bored of a spot you can't move, you end up quitting.  Ramp up firings.
1/15/2013 4:16 PM
Submit a ticket.
1/15/2013 4:41 PM
I did, but that's not going to change anything until more people do
1/15/2013 11:48 PM
Cburton, I think WIS has decided that it is more important to keep the failing coach happy in not firing a paying customer than potentially upset successful coaches waiting in the wings for jobs to open.  This couldnt be more evident than in the case of the former UNC coach. If ever there was an example of an Elite School whose coach deserved the boot it was that job and they did nothing. I guess they figure no one is leaving the game over this issue so why not let sleeping dogs lie.
1/16/2013 9:05 AM
I think that firings should happen more frequently in the Big 6 conferences as well.
1/31/2013 6:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That about sums it up.
1/31/2013 9:16 PM
you're right, they don't care.  the inconsistencies are well beyond 'real life'.
2/1/2013 10:33 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2/1/2013 10:47 AM
Just sent a ticket (wouldn't paste for some reason, I'll try to put it in the next post). I'm sure not everyone agrees with my suggested changes (near the end), but the main point is asking for something simply to be changed. Here's to more (and more) coaches getting after CS and seble. Have a great weekend, everyone!
2/1/2013 11:07 AM

As noted, they don't care.  I know nobody in D2 or D3 gets fired but a couple seasons back there was a team in my conference that had gone 0-27 for 3 straight seasons and wasn't recruiting, it was obvious the owner had disappeared.  I had sent in a ticket and got the "no-crap" response of "he has 2 seasons remaining, when those seasons are done he will be removed if he doesn't add more seasons."  His final two seasons, 0-27, 1-26.  Capping off 1 win in 5 seasons falling to a D prestige after being a B+ program.

2/1/2013 9:33 PM
Here is the situation as I see it: I have over 30 years experience in marketing strategy. When you have a brand with declining new users and a drop off in retention of the new users you are generating, cost management become a priority and a potential end game strategy for the brand's demise is implemented (hence the virtual elimination of any new developments for the game). You might make some simple, low cost cosmetic changes to your product periodically, giving it the illusion of attention. You would also assess your customer base and eliminate elements that would cost you their business (i.e. firings)
If you have concluded that the long term prognosis for the brand is not good but the erosion of your customer base is gradual, you would maximize your profitability by being austere about spending money and manpower on the brand and ride out its decline for as long as the brand creates any profit under its own power. Your attention would be focused on any other brands that have growth potential or the development of new brands.
How many of us have said we will continue to play even if we don't see activity on the part of management? They know that and take that into account. If management had not concluded the HD brand is terminal, we'd see regular information exchange between vendor and customer (e-newsletters, status announcements, updated user guides) with a focus on customer satisfaction elements.
Enjoy HD for as long as you can but do not anticipate change.

2/1/2013 10:52 PM (edited)
Posted by rsvphr on 2/1/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Here is the situation as I see it: I have over 30 years experience in marketing strategy. When you have a brand with declining new users and a drop off in retention of the new users you are generating, cost management become a priority and a potential end game strategy for the brand's demise is implemented (hence the virtual elimination of any new developments for the game). You might make some simple, low cost cosmetic changes to your product periodically, giving it the illusion of attention. You would also assess your customer base and eliminate elements that would cost you their business (i.e. firings)
If you have concluded that the long term prognosis for the brand is not good but the erosion of your customer base is gradual, you would maximize your profitability by being austere about spending money and manpower on the brand and ride out its decline for as long as the brand creates any profit under its own power. Your attention would be focused on any other brands that have growth potential or the development of new brands.
How many of us have said we will continue to play even if we don't see activity on the part of management? They know that and take that into account. If management had not concluded the HD brand is terminal, we'd see regular information exchange between vendor and customer (e-newsletters, status announcements, updated user guides) with a focus on customer satisfaction elements.
Enjoy HD for as long as you can but do not anticipate change.

+1
2/1/2013 10:59 PM
rsvphr, I think you're dead on. Thanks for that perspective.
2/2/2013 8:49 AM
Darn shame too because the basic structure of the game is still so good. I will be sad when it's gone.
2/2/2013 3:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Somebody needs to be fired Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.