Withdrawing a scholarship offer Topic

If you withdraw a scholarship offer, then change your mind, is it difficult to get the player to sign with your team?
1/30/2013 6:18 AM
not terribly, but withdrawing does have negative recruiting value. A couple HVs ought to correct that (but its been awhile and I'm not 100% on the value - it is not an immense amount though)
1/30/2013 8:31 AM
Was wondering the same thing today. Have a few too many out right now. Was looking into timing of when to pull them back... Want to make sure the ones I'm actually targeting are the ones who sign!
1/30/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by jeffsu on 1/30/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Was wondering the same thing today. Have a few too many out right now. Was looking into timing of when to pull them back... Want to make sure the ones I'm actually targeting are the ones who sign!
That's funny because you're the cause of my question.  You have too many players on your considering list. I want one of them if you don't sign him. So I was hoping to withdraw my scholarship offer to my back-up recruit and, then, pursue him again if you actually sign my primary target
1/30/2013 11:47 AM
I recently withdrew a scholarship offer to a player no one else was recruiting (he was considering no one else). He still ended up signing with me when I offered to him again, but he made me wait an extra cycle and his message wasn't the over-the-top thrilled with me positive response it was before that, so I assume the withdraw of the scholarship was the cause as I don't see any evidence of anything else causing him to like my school less.
1/30/2013 12:50 PM
Withdrawing a scholarship offer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.