scouting players for next season and fss Topic

i was just looking over recruits for next season...and i have leftover recruiting money from this season...and i just now noticed that i can purchase fss reports during the schedule part of the season...so my obvious question being...if i purchase the fss reports now...will they carry over into recruiting next season...or will i have to repurchase them?
1/30/2013 11:17 AM
no you won't have to re-purchase them. If you scout states now, you can look at those recruits all season / into the next recruiting period.
1/30/2013 11:36 AM
Yes, they'll carry over but they may look different.   For example, if your prestige improves, you may be able to see more players later on.  But you won't have to repurchase the FSS.

Another issue, (and I don't know the answer):    We get a discount (10-20%) for purchasing multiple states.  But, do they have to be purchased at the same time?  If so, it'll cost you more money to purchase additional states later on.
1/30/2013 11:41 AM
thanks for the info fellas! and i have enough money to purchase all the states i want now. that is an interesting thought about the prestige aspect al...but does that only apply to div2 and div3? this thread was initially in regards to my div1 team. im actually hoping my prestige doesnt go down! i took over a pretty horrible bowling green squad (they went 0-16 in conference play the season before i took over). this is my 2nd season there. my prestige went from a D- up to a D (yippee!) after my 1st season...but we may be even worse this season. next season though my goal is an 8-8 conference record. but hypothetically if my prestige does drop back down to a D- after this season...that wont affect the recruits i can see right? the last couple seasons ive been able to see 4 and 5 star recruits with my horrible prestige rating...i just know my role and dont even make eye contact with them ;)
1/30/2013 12:01 PM (edited)
Posted by alblack56 on 1/30/2013 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Yes, they'll carry over but they may look different.   For example, if your prestige improves, you may be able to see more players later on.  But you won't have to repurchase the FSS.

Another issue, (and I don't know the answer):    We get a discount (10-20%) for purchasing multiple states.  But, do they have to be purchased at the same time?  If so, it'll cost you more money to purchase additional states later on.
You'll get the discount as you reach the threshold (and I don't remember what the numbers are that you have to buy to move from 10 to 15 percent off and from 15 to 20. If you do it piecemeal, you'll only get whatever discount you qualify for at that point. So buying 2 states, then 2 more states, then 2 more states, then 4 more will cost you more than if you buy those same 10 states all at once (in the latter, your percentage discount gets applied to all the states you're purchasing, in the first example your first few purchases would only be at 10 percent until you hit the number to bump to the 15 percent discount level). Depending how many states you buy, the bulk method can pay for at least some extra SV's that someone picking and choosing states wouldn't have the cash for, all else being equal.
1/30/2013 12:37 PM
Pretty sure the levels are: 2 states: 10%, 5 states: 15%, 8 or more states: 20%
1/30/2013 12:56 PM
scouting players for next season and fss Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.