rejected inform of RS? Topic

I've used the inform of RS option during recruiting a fair amount, but I've never noticed this.  My impression was that they were forced to accept it, and they would either be ok with it or get angry and drop you.  I mean how can you reject me telling you I'm going to RS you?  So I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that.

It put that redshirt icon under his picture on the player card..labeled "informed of RS."  But the recruiting history says "declined inform recruit of RS plans."  Seems like it shouldn't show that icon if they reject it, right?  That's how it works for starts/minutes that get rejected. 

Will be curious to see if he accepts the RS.
1/31/2013 12:20 PM
It means you informed him but he's not accepting it. Usually when I inform of RS I throw additional effort to make sure he takes it. The better the recruit the less likely they are to take it. 
1/31/2013 2:25 PM
Posted by kmasonbx on 1/31/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):
It means you informed him but he's not accepting it. Usually when I inform of RS I throw additional effort to make sure he takes it. The better the recruit the less likely they are to take it. 
No I understand how that works, and it was a mediocre player that I wanted to get off my considering list at the time.  So him getting angry was exactly what I wanted to happen, but that's not what did happen.  I got this message from him and he never stopped considering me. 

" I really think I can help the team next year (if I decide to play there), but I understand where you are coming from and I'm fine with it. "

And to reiterate, I got this message but the history says he declined being informed of it.  Sounds like he was informed to me.
1/31/2013 2:46 PM
That means if he signs, he will take the redshirt. The "I'm fine with it" tells the story. They do need to work on the wording.
1/31/2013 2:57 PM
And to reiterate, I got this message but the history says he declined being informed of it.  Sounds like he was informed to me.
Right.  There's the nub of it.  You definitely informed him.  I mean, he clearly accepted it.  Why does the history say differently?  That's ticket-worthy.
1/31/2013 3:28 PM
rejected inform of RS? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.