Help with Flex offense. Topic

I picked up a new D3 coaching position in Rupp with 6 new FR players and am switching to the Flex position for the first time. I have teams in 2 other worlds that run motion. I have no idea what player skills are needed. Can you vets chime in with some recommendations?

Can any player play any position?

What are the key skills the players need to run the offense well?

What are the advantages of Flex?

Disadvantages?

Who is more effective? Guards or inside men?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2/2/2013 9:10 PM
First see Hoops 101 and look at Flex.

Then see the thread: Compendium of HD Offenses

Other of your questions:

Any player can play anywhere with no penalty ... although playing someone unsuited for a position will hurt (a very slow player with no BH or PASS playing at PG would not be good, for example).

Flex is designed to have a good passing "Big" and to score with shooters, not from the inside ... PASS, SPD, and PER are important team attributes ... of course, DEF and ATH are always important. 

You can, of course, score from the inside if that is what your players can do.  Any offense can be used to do anything in HD.
2/3/2013 10:05 AM
Thanks Hughes. It seems that running flex would also make it easier to recruit players.
2/3/2013 10:49 AM
I prefer the flex and value speed and per in my guards and bigs more than in other standard offenses. You still need suitable BIGS mainly for D and Reb but really helps if they contribute in per, bh, & passing. If you run a press you will need very good stamina too since that particular D will tire your players and effect your fg %'s. I've found that I like to have at least 2 if not more 90+ per guards and 2 solid pf/c defenders/rebounders. It can be successful with a 3 guard rotation. Pick a plan and recruit to fill needs on how you want your team to play.
2/3/2013 2:35 PM
Posted by tardhesticle on 2/3/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Thanks Hughes. It seems that running flex would also make it easier to recruit players.
How so?
2/4/2013 4:54 AM
Help with Flex offense. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.