Undecided recruit "wish he could sign right now"? Topic

A recruit has an offer from me and sent me the message "Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer - I wish I could sign right now!" but is still undecided. Anyone see this before?

2/9/2013 6:17 PM
of course means you are leading,, maybe by alot ...maybe not by alot....up to you to decide
2/9/2013 6:48 PM
No, I  mean he is undecided--not considering anyone.
2/9/2013 7:01 PM
yes I've had this. I actually had one last night. You are still leading. Maybe send him another phone call or something, it will eventually show up.
2/9/2013 7:16 PM
Then he signs on the next cycle. Never had a guy sign without considering me for at least one cycle.
2/9/2013 8:29 PM
axeme, was he considering you at any earlier point in recruiting?
2/9/2013 10:52 PM
No. This is in D-II. He was a D-I  foreign player who had me as a backup.  I had done 2 send materials, a coach call and 2 scouting trips on day 1, and  a scouting trip and a send material on day 2. In the last cycle before signings, I got the above message after no contact for over a day. Then he signed on the first cycle of signings.
2/10/2013 12:36 PM
Sounds like he realized he had no other options and time was running out to sign with someone so he signed with you.
2/11/2013 11:51 AM
Posted by axeme on 2/10/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):
No. This is in D-II. He was a D-I  foreign player who had me as a backup.  I had done 2 send materials, a coach call and 2 scouting trips on day 1, and  a scouting trip and a send material on day 2. In the last cycle before signings, I got the above message after no contact for over a day. Then he signed on the first cycle of signings.
are you sure you didnt check at exactly 5:00 when those lists of who he is considering is still being updated? long shot, considering when you posted :) but had to ask... i didnt think it was possible for a guy to sign on the first cycle without considering you. maybe there was a bug where he was considering you but it wasnt showing or something??
2/11/2013 12:20 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/11/2013 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Sounds like he realized he had no other options and time was running out to sign with someone so he signed with you.
it was the first cycle of signings... players will reduce the amount it takes to consider you over time, so the effect you are talking about does sort of exist, but i really dont think it applies in this situation. the result of that effect should be for a guy barely not considering you to start considering you say with a day left in recruiting, then signing the next cycle, or at the end of recruiting. but he should still show up at least 1 cycle before signing. if you do more effort, i think a guy can sign with you after recruiting ended, in that 11-12 cycle, without considering you first - but thats the only case i am aware of.
2/11/2013 12:22 PM
I had made no effort on him for at least 4-5 cycles before I got the positive note. He definitely wasn't considering me right before signings started because I debated doing another home visit or a campus visit just to lock him down. I decided to wait and see if he would consider me on the  8 p.m. (first signing) cycle and then maybe he would sign with no more effort at 11 p.m., but he signed at 8 without ever considering. That's why I asked. I had never had a player sign without considering at least one cycle. Maybe on the last day of recruiting in the last couple of cycles it has happened, but I don't remember for sure. This was a new one to me and I have a lot of seasons, so I wondered if anyone else had it happen.
2/11/2013 2:34 PM
Undecided recruit "wish he could sign right now"? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.