What would everyone think about dropping the 2 bye weeks during conference play and adding 2 more non conference games?
3/2/2013 11:35 AM
those 2 bye games are pretty useless
3/2/2013 12:39 PM
I don't really mind them...could go either way, but what I hate is when they both happen on back to back days...that is brutal!
3/2/2013 12:40 PM

I don't like the byes or the off day in between non conference and conference.

3/2/2013 12:50 PM
The only time I like them is when I have an injury
3/2/2013 1:30 PM
I like them, I get pretty busy sometimes, and it's nice to get a little mid season break.
3/2/2013 9:44 PM
I'm changing my vote. After reading m4's comment,  I too enjoy a break. I have mulitple teams and it's  good to have a break when all  of them are active. 
3/3/2013 6:16 AM
Posted by uwrjl93 on 3/2/2013 12:50:00 PM (view original):

I don't like the byes or the off day in between non conference and conference.

There's not an off day in 1 game per day worlds for all teams.  That 11th game is necessary to ensure every team gets a 10th game.  In 2 games per day worlds there is the pm part of the day off for everyone but I'm okay with that.
3/3/2013 10:30 PM
when im really into the game (which doesnt really happen anymore, but i can still remember those days clearly :), that break REALLY can be frustration. but when you arent that into it, even if you are pretty well enjoying things, the break can be kind of nice. i used to be all for getting rid of it, but now, im all for keeping it - the best way to sum up why, is that saying, absence makes the heart grow fonder. i feel like without any breaks, it would be easier to get burnt out - but that little short random 1 day break, it seems to help keep enthusiasm and appreciation for game going strong. it always helped me get over the little things, that 1 day break - it would help me remember how much i like the game in the greater context, despite all the little things that can drive you nuts :)
3/3/2013 11:30 PM
I'm into the game but sometimes it's nice to have a break on a team. I know when there are "off days" for one or two of my teams it makes managing the others easier.
3/4/2013 8:16 AM
Had a couple thoughts on suggestions and figured I'd resurrect a thread already dedicated to suggestions.

Anyway these may have been thrown out before, but if not hoping we can get these to Seble's attention.

1) For scheduling, could it be developed where you're able to set certain parameters (maybe returning # of upper classmen, types of off/def, avg overall rating of returning players, avg rating in certain core skills, etc)  and then be able to automate the scheduling process where it would automatically connect you with other human users who set the same parameters or with sims who fit the parameters (perhaps with an option set to not schedule sims if you so desired).  Perhaps if there weren't 10 schools that fit your parameters it could continue to search as new users input their parameters over the course of the season.  It can just get very tiresome and tedious to go and search through dozens of teams trying to find ones with the qualities you're looking for.  

2) For scheduling of exhibitions and  regular season games, would it be possible to have team off/def listed on the page where you go through to select who you want to play?  If I want to play an exhibition against a fastbreak/press team to test my team stamina in exhibition, it would be nice to not have to search through 100 teams before I find 1 with that combination.

Thoughts?

5/15/2013 9:47 PM
My two byes are pretty much always back-to-back. Not only that, but the last couple of seasons they have been the last two dates of the conference season, leading into the conference tourney where I have a first round bye. So I sit for three days with no games.

I'm tired of having three off days in a row before I get to start tournament play. Down with the bye weeks.
5/15/2013 9:59 PM
I would like to build in home and homes all at once. Like I play Florida state in a home in home next season and the season after that but instead of waiting a year I can simply hit the home and home button which will be sent to the user in a 2 season advance.
5/15/2013 10:21 PM
I don't understand why they so frequently happen on back to back games.  That seems like a problem that could be easily avoidable.
5/15/2013 10:41 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 5/15/2013 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Had a couple thoughts on suggestions and figured I'd resurrect a thread already dedicated to suggestions.

Anyway these may have been thrown out before, but if not hoping we can get these to Seble's attention.

1) For scheduling, could it be developed where you're able to set certain parameters (maybe returning # of upper classmen, types of off/def, avg overall rating of returning players, avg rating in certain core skills, etc)  and then be able to automate the scheduling process where it would automatically connect you with other human users who set the same parameters or with sims who fit the parameters (perhaps with an option set to not schedule sims if you so desired).  Perhaps if there weren't 10 schools that fit your parameters it could continue to search as new users input their parameters over the course of the season.  It can just get very tiresome and tedious to go and search through dozens of teams trying to find ones with the qualities you're looking for.  

2) For scheduling of exhibitions and  regular season games, would it be possible to have team off/def listed on the page where you go through to select who you want to play?  If I want to play an exhibition against a fastbreak/press team to test my team stamina in exhibition, it would be nice to not have to search through 100 teams before I find 1 with that combination.

Thoughts?

I like both of these ideas a lot. I don't know coding, but it seems like #2 would be an easy fix.
5/16/2013 6:39 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.