In Allen D3, I am #2 RPI and Lasell is #1 RPI. Just wondering why they have the better RPI even though I think my resume might be slightly better? He plays in the NAC, which is clearly the top conference in Allen D3, but Great NE (my conf) is 3rd in conference RPI.

Suffolk: http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7557
Lasell: http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7830

I am not saying I should be #1 RPI, I am just asking from more experience coaches or people who know RPI better than me, why he has the higher RPI than me. Just curious.

(Note: Question asked after game 13)
3/6/2013 6:40 PM
tougher SOS, better record.  what did you expect?
3/6/2013 6:46 PM
He has a better record, you've both played seven top-100 opponents, you've played two sub-200 opponents (he hasn't played any). You've both played two teams with losing records and three with 10+ wins. Looks like everything is dead even except the worst of your schedule is worse and you have a loss. 
3/6/2013 8:02 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/6/2013 6:46:00 PM (view original):
tougher SOS, better record.  what did you expect?
haha
3/6/2013 8:05 PM
RPI is a not a good measurement tool. You may indeed have the better resume to the naked eye, but that doesn't really matter. 

The "tougher sos, better record" comment is the answer, but the dickishness of the response is unwarranted. You're assuming salag knows the RPI formula. If he did, I'm positive he wouldn't have asked the question. I think most people think RPI is a good metric. It certainly sucks in real life, but it's even worse in HD, where it can be manipulated by playing good sims.
3/6/2013 8:34 PM
Absolutely. I'm not sure how much RPI actually matters, but I always manipulate it as best I can so that whatever extent it matters, I benefit. But it's a bad metric. 
3/6/2013 8:52 PM
seems like he looked into it before posting.  even the quickest check would realize his record wasn't as good as the #1 rpi team
3/6/2013 9:12 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.